Where:
Embassy Suites Hotel Denver - International Airport
7001 Yampa Street
Denver, CO 80249
303-574-3000

Dynoflash Features:
- AFR optimization
- Timing optimization
- Launch Control (rpm of your choice - 6000rpm default)
- Raised Rev Limiter (rpm of your choice - 7800rpm default)
- Removed Fuel Cut
- Removed Top Speed Limiter
- Idle Control (for 272 or 280 cams)

03-05 VIIIs
- Base mail-in flash customized for your mods and a brief drive to ensure quality = $175 (no appointment)
- Custom road tune for new customer = $375 (2hr appointment)
- Custom road tune for existing customer = $300 (2hr appointment)

06 IXs
- Base mail-in flash customized for your mods and a brief drive to ensure quality = $175 (no longer requires an appointment)
- Custom road tune = $400 (2hr appointment)
- Custom road tune for existing customer = $300 (2hr appointment)

To reserve a timeslot, you MUST first send a $100 deposit to [email protected] with a note saying it's for the CO trip, then tell me your first name and the timeslot you want. Or, call Al directly at 203-515-4110 to pay via Credit Card. Once payment is received, your slot is reserved. This goes for all custom road tunes only. Base flashes do not need a timeslot nor deposit.

Schedule
Sunday, Nov 5th
1200-1400 - adrock353 (?) IX - Deposit Paid
1400-1600 - mrich82 (Mike) IX - Deposit Paid (Early Bird)
1600-1800 - JohnEB (John) IX - Deposit Paid
1800-2000 - John's Friend (Eli) WRX - Deposit Paid (Cobb AP)
2000-2200 -

Base flashes only take 10mins and can be done without an appointment, so just show up whenever you have time. By the way, there will be no 2-step additions to existing flashes, but all new flashes (or reflashes) include the launch control. It is complicated and there won't be time for it amidst all the other scheduled tuning.

THIS TRIP IS NOW CONFIRMED!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hello,
I would be interested in a tune if the gains were worth while on a stock 06 Evo IX. Please let me know if this would be worth it for me and what type of gains I could expect.

Thanks,

Adam

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are MORE than worthwhile on a stock IX. We have seen IXs on 93oct near sea level gain 40-50whp from a good flash with an MBC. If you don't want to even use an MBC while remaining 100% stock (other than the tune), you still can gain 20-30whp. We've had several people do this, and they were very pleased. You will gain power just like cars that are modded, so being stock is not a problem. Some benefits you'll see over the stock tune:

1) Much smoother power delivery: the stock tune causes choppy power delivery that hits hard, then falls off, then pulls hard again, then dies. With the Dynoflash tune, it will be one long smooth pull in each gear.
2) Significant increase in power: 20-30whp/wtq gives a noticeable gain in the butt dyno, especially the increased low-end torque
3) Nice features: launch control set to the rpm of your choice if you want to drag race, raised rev limiter that is still within the safe range of the stock motor/head, removal of fuel cut so that you can run safe levels of increased boost without the ECU cutting off your fuel, and idle control (but you won't need it on a stock car).

Let me know if you have other questions...

·
Registered
174 Posts
adrock353 said:
Hello,
I would be interested in a tune if the gains were worth while on a stock 06 Evo IX. Please let me know if this would be worth it for me and what type of gains I could expect.

Thanks,

Adam
I had my IX done by Al back in July and I am very pleased with the end results. Just make sure you install a Walbro and have no major boost/exhaust leaks when you have Al tune you car as it will only hurt your engines peformance and you will not get tuned properly. However I will warn you that Al is not the friendliest (sp?) guy but he is very focused on what he is doing and wants you to be happy with his service that he provides.:thumb:

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No, sorry. The point of the special was to get people to send deposits right away so that Al could get his plane ticket without risk. Now, he will either have to buy it with the risk of not enough people showing up to pay his travel expenses, or he may have to wait longer to buy the ticket, which means it will cost more. The special was incentive to get people to help confirm the trip earlier.

·
Registered
40 Posts
no worries, I did place a call on Friday to try and pay but no one answered and I left a message with no cb as of yet.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The dealer normally wouldn't look for it from what I hear. You can also get a tactrix cable for about $90 and flash it back to stock yourself using the ECUflash program. Then when you leave the dealer you can flash it back to your custom tune. Check out www.openecu.org for more info about the program... or the ECUflash section of www.evolutionm.net.

Get your deposit in soon!

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We need the deposits this week or there's no trip. Spartikus, the total price is only $375, so that's very little for a full custom tune and way less than you could spend on any other mod for the amount of power you gain.

As for the dealer detecting the flash, in my 2 years of owning the Evo, I haven't read of one instance where a dealer knew how to use the special tool to detect that the ECU had been reprogrammed. Even if they know how to do it, they still can't see what is done to the ECU other than the fact that it has changed - they don't know what has changed. To be absolutely certain, though, you can do what mrich said. I use the Tactrix cable and EcuFlash software, but I don't use it for the purposes of going to the dealer.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts