Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm getting ready to do my brakes and I need to decide on some pads. Has anyone ever used the EBC green stuff brake pads?? Here is some info off lancershops website...

More Info! EBC Green Stuff Front Brake Pads : EVO 8

The friction coefficient of the EBC compound is 30-40% higher than common pads, yet rotor wear is minimal. Suitable for use on the street or light track use. Includes complete front set right & left pads.

Fits: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII

Part # List Price: $109.99

Our price: $96.95 , Save 11%

I take the car to the drag strip maybe 2 times a yearand I dont auto X just canyon carve!!! I'm just looking for a pad that is as good as the stock ones... and hopefully have less brake dust :D Also price. Anyone have any suggestions, opinions??

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am currently using the ebc green stuff brake pads and they are just as good if not a little better, unfortianately brake dust is still there the surface area on this brakes is prity big and make a mess try to get the brake covers to eliminate the brake dust. I do recomend them and the price sounds prity good because the replacement brembos are realy pricy.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have them on my eclipse's alcon calipers and have had no problems. There a good replacement for an oem pad, plus they have a little better initial bite. The price really cant be beat. However if you canyon carve, and really get on your brakes they will not hold up. They overheat just as easily as the stock pads but will retain more heat, being that there made of kevlar, and that means warped rotors. Trust me when I say they are not meant for spirited driving, and if you see the canyons in any way like I do than they will not hold up well. Look to something a little more aggresive.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
I have the Project MU type NS front pads and they work better then stock and there is way less brake dust compared to the rear brakes. When I wash my car the rear wheels are covered and the front ones look almost clean. I paid $85 shipped for mine.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
not the type NS, they are a street pad. If you get the next step up in pads from project Mu they are more aggressive and I heard will squeak but i have had no problems with the type NS pads

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yeah Im currently running the project mu b force, which is the upgrade from the ns. They squeak to no end, just like the hawks. They really arent aggresive enough. If you want to step into a street/strip pad look at the ferodo ds 2500 pads, those are pretty sweet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts