Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just installed new injectors, and a new ECU to compensate for it. When i started up the car it immediately rev up to 3500rpm and stayed there. Is this a ecu problem or am i just missing something? need help asap.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
What do you mean you installed a new ECU to compensate for injectors? We don't install new ECUs for injectors - we just rescale and retune the stock ECU like you would normally do? Did you buy a new stock ECU and use it, or do you have a standalone ECU like AEM EMS?

After resetting the ECU, the RPMs usually jump up initially, but then they settle right away. Idling at 3500 means something is wrong. Answer my above question, then tell me what tuning was involved with this "new ECU."

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry i posted under the wrong form. Thats the problem with my CRX. sorry about that.
My evo is all stock, no problems yet:thumb: sorry about that. but if you know ho to tune for a crx 450cc, t25 turbo, FMIC, and PM3 ecu that has been chiped. not sure if he tuned correctly though.. i emailed him to see whats up. but thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hehe yeah i was just putting it out there huh. laying my head on the chopping block. lol
Got a pretty heavy upgrade for the evo comming in though. hopefully everything turns out good. Here in hawaii, not to many tuners actually know what they are doing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts