Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, didn't know about this site. Glad we have a Colorado section now. Thanks Warrtalon for telling me about this site.

Ok, now where can I get this ECUflash and get me a cable. :sneaky:

·
Registered
255 Posts
I wish I had a laptop and I wish I new how to tune. Cause all of this stuff interests me so much....but I wouldn't want to f*** up my car...cause it runs perfectly now

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
warr make sure he gets in touch with me too, lol. I haven't had enough time with the programs to figure it all out now but I need to lean it out a little up top.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I wish I had a laptop and I wish I new how to tune. Cause all of this stuff interests me so much....but I wouldn't want to f*** up my car...cause it runs perfectly now

Its pretty simple if you have the cable, laptop, software, cables, accurate wideband and a dyno.:sneaky: I have had the chance to flash a few Evo's and managed to pick up quite a bit more midrange power but the end result has been anywhere from 5hp - 20hp. Mark (11secEvo) and I are going to get rid of his SAFC tomorrow and see if we can make some more power before we go down to the NOPI nats in Phoenix. He made 475awhp last year so we are shooting for the big 500 tomorrow hopefully. We are using a 100 shot of nitrous though so it may depend on bottle pressure too. He was making 365 awhp off the bottle last year.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Lucas, great idea switching Mark to EcuFlash and getting him tuned/ready for NOPI. I'm glad you're able to do that for him. The SAFC with 100 shot was scaring me.

SicLan, you want some remote help? I'm sure we can do that, but it would require you to send logs with wideband O2s and timing...basically EvoScan logs plus AFR, if you have that equipment. If not, then it would be difficult to help remotely unless you told him conceptually what you needed, and then he made changes accordingly. That's kinda iffy, though, so I'd prefer logs...

·
Registered
255 Posts
Its pretty simple if you have the cable, laptop, software, cables, accurate wideband and a dyno.:sneaky: I have had the chance to flash a few Evo's and managed to pick up quite a bit more midrange power but the end result has been anywhere from 5hp - 20hp. Mark (11secEvo) and I are going to get rid of his SAFC tomorrow and see if we can make some more power before we go down to the NOPI nats in Phoenix. He made 475awhp last year so we are shooting for the big 500 tomorrow hopefully. We are using a 100 shot of nitrous though so it may depend on bottle pressure too. He was making 365 awhp off the bottle last year.
Oh....that's it......sure...let me run out and buy a DYNO real quick ROFL ROFL ROFL

I just wish I knew more. I understand the fuel portion...it's the timing numbers and stuff that throws me off.

I hope to see you more this year...and maybe I can pick your brain a little:)

·
Registered
174 Posts
I hope to see you more this year...and maybe I can pick your brain a little:)

$49.95 an hour... WTF j/k Best $500.00 I ever spent was Ben Straders EFI101 class a couple years ago. Some parts of his class can be boring if you get the basic concept of how an engine works but other parts of his class are very usefull. I think he is hosting a class up @ SuperRupair this weekend. If you really want hands on tuning then take his advanced class also.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry Clay, I didn't even see that. First thing I did last night was jump into the rocky mountain forums. I already got in contact with Justin. Thanks all.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Where can I get information on how to use this ECUFLASH. Does someone have a tutorial of the basics of this software? I'm no pro but I have experience with tunning. Just need a little kick in the *ss to get this going.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
warr, I don't have a wideband. I have one solid log of my car, I'm going to pull more this weekend at the track. What should I be logging? I always feel like I log too much and then when I look at it, it's too many damn numkbers.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Where can I get information on how to use this ECUFLASH. Does someone have a tutorial of the basics of this software? I'm no pro but I have experience with tunning. Just need a little kick in the *ss to get this going.
You mean beyond the tutorial I gave above? I don't have a detailed explanation of how to modify the hi-throttle timing and fuel maps in each cell or how to tell you which load cells correspond to your powerband, but since you have already gotten in touch with Justin, let him know you'd like to learn while he's working on your tune. He can probably give you some live pointers...

SicLan, you need to log RPM vs timing, knocksums, injector duty cycle, TPS, airflow (hz), and most importantly is wideband O2s (AFR). You have to have a wideband in order to get tuned remotely.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts