Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
First off I must say that I do not own an EVO, but I have been fond of this particular vehicle for a while now. However, I do not know a thing about it.
A few days ago I ran into an Evo on Route 2 as I was accelerating from the on-ramp at Edgewater.
I was WOT when the above mentioned Evo out-accelerated me like I've never seen before.
At the time I drove my 2001 Camaro SS. My car traps 115 mph in the 1/4 mile n/a.
A tad more ( :p ) on spray, but that is irrelevant since it was not used at the time.
I was impressed. That Evo took me to the cleaners.
Now, here are a few questions:
As I was behind him, I noticed, that his exhaust fumes smelled funny, not race gas, not nitrous... what caused that smell?. It almost smelled like alcohol.
And what your your cars capable as far as 1/4 mile and dyno numbers go, not upgrading the turbo, and keeping in mind that the car should still be behaved enough to serve as a daily driver?
Maybe I'll be lucky enough to run into the guy, who I encountered that day:
You: silver Evo
Me: 2001 Sunset Orange Metallic Camaro SS

·
Registered
108 Posts
wow, that sounds fairly serious. you LS1 guys pull hard on freeways too, thats where the evo is in a disadvantage. ive seen stock turbo evos hit high 11's on race gas. hell, Wartalon on this board hit 12 flat with just a few mods still running the stock turbo. its pretty funny because im supposed to race my buddys car that has your exact color, but its a Z28 with an automatic that has 3.73 gears and exhaust. he talks like evos arent "real" cars unless they had v8's. so its time to shut him up at the next raceway opening.:dsm:

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
where are you located? are you in MD? we have a edgewater right off a rt.2 Did it have a wing or no wing? I live near there, it may have been me....lol the sweet smell of alky! I don't remember a camero but then iagain i just put my foot down.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
where are you located? are you in MD? we have a edgewater right off a rt.2 Did it have a wing or no wing? I live near there, it may have been me....lol the sweet smell of alky! I don't remember a camero but then iagain i just put my foot down.
He was in the mid west two years ago...

Keith

1 - 5 of 5 Posts