Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Well, I have done some initial testing with the EVO 6.5 TME turbo (titanium exhaust wheel and shaft with 10.5 housing) and the results look promissing!

Comparing data logs from my previouse setup to now I have identical spool up even though I now have a larger exhaust housing. Only changes between old data logs and new are the turbo itself, and SS autochrome header/O2 housing installed.

With the lighter exhaust wheel and shaft I expect to have better transiaent response (spool after a shift) and I suspect that with the more free flowing exhaust housing, and O2 sensor housing I am probably making more power at the same boost levels... we will see if I get a chance to head back to the dyno (or the track) :)

Keith

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You made it into the 11's didn't you? Gota update that sig, and time slip page!

Later,

Keith

·
Registered
19 Posts
Fourdoor said:
You made it into the 11's didn't you? Gota update that sig, and time slip page!

Later,

Keith
Hey Keith,
I just updated my sig. Talk about time delay :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Warrtalon said:
Haha! Blast from the past thread. Smoggie, you should visit more often. We can interact sans vendor relationship here. :thumb:
Hey WT,
Sounds good to me. Thanks for saying hi. I really like DSMTuners.net for browsing. So I thought I'd drop back by here to see what is going on.

I haven't been here in so long, that after updating my info, I am still half a year behind from what I am running now.... Like many folks who have gone down a similar mod path, I really miss the simple days of having a more stock evo that was super fast and completely stock looking under the hood.

Hopefully I will be able to see what my car can do soon. I have been soooo broke ($)lately but finally all the little final mods and fixes are starting to be done.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Smogrunner said:
Hopefully I will be able to see what my car can do soon. I have been soooo broke ($)lately but finally all the little final mods and fixes are starting to be done.
Tell me about it! I was planning on doing a 2.3 liter setup this spring, but a $5,000 a year paycut sort of put a damper on those plans.

Sometimes I hate working on a government project where they figure (incorrectly) than it is easy to replace anybody on the project so they can just do a "slice and dice" money saving budget adjustment and figure there will be no problems. For a couple months there it was looking like a $20,000 a year paycut and if that had panned out I would have been gone so fast it would have made their head spin. As it is I am just "casually" looking for a better job rather than bailing out ASAP.

Sorry for the off topic rant.

Keith

1 - 7 of 7 Posts