Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as any evo 8 owner knows when we drive our cars under heavy loads ie. road or drag race the clutch over heats. Thus not allowing you to shift into gears as easy as you should. Would using a synthetic gear oil help ? I also heard rumor about trans/clutch cooling kits ? But I have not found anything on the market. Any and all input would really help me . Thanks in advance!! :dsm:

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
If your over heating the clutch, it's only a matter of time till it starts slipping on you. Dragging is harder on it than road racing. Has it slipped on you? If your having problems going into gear it's more likely due to pedal adjustment or the clutch assembly. From the way it sounds it's doubtful just a fluid change will help. If it was just notchy, cluncky, or some light grinding when you shift then maybe it will help, but not going ito gear...
I haven't seen any Evo specific trans cooler kit's. To do it right;
get a hold of the proper 12v pump,
open the transmission and see where you can fit/weld the return bung to where it also hits the gears requiring extra lube (it also can't hit anything when reinstalled),
mount the cooler,
run the lines.
I don't know anything about a clutch cooler.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts