Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just bougth evo 8 with stock engine and I want to put about $500-700 and make 1/4 faster! What mods I need to buy? Is it possible to make 12s on 1/4 mile?

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Yes, of course it's possible to hit 12s. You can actually do that stock if you drive well enough, but most people aren't that good.

If you only have $500-700, then my suggestion is to get:

- Manual Boost Controller - Forge UNOS $85
- Boost Gauge + Steering column pod - $100
- Cat-back - Megan 3" $350
- Mail-in Dynoflash = $200
---------------------------------
Total = $735 for ~40-50whp over stock and easy 12s even with poor driving.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have only 3" pipe and 4.5" tip. I think if I get boost cont/gauge, and I can push it to 20PSI and that could add 20 hp, right?

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
05evo said:
I have only 3" pipe and 4.5" tip. I think if I get boost cont/gauge, and I can push it to 20PSI and that could add 20 hp, right?
You already have an exhaust? Why didn't you mention that?

No, I don't think you'll see 20hp with just an MBC running 20psi, because 05s already run 20psi stock. You should get an mbc, gauge, and a flash. That will be 30-40whp for very little money.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
I would hesitate to suggest such a thing to a newbie with apparently very little knowledge of the Evo. I think it would be best to get flashed by a professional and THEN worry about messing with EcuFlash. Use the cheap, professional tune as a baseline, then learn from there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts