Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a good price for a used but working evo 9 turbo?

I would like to get one and send it in as a core for the evo 9-20g, since to buy the turbo outright from buschur is $1700 but with a core its only about $1000 with a refundable $300core charge.

On the same note has anyone had any luck selling their stock evo 8 10.5?

Thanks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Superfly 8's don't come stock with a 10.5 only a 9.8.

I know no one likes Lancershop.com, however they are selling new 9 turbos for a really good price, something like 1100 or so (No required core charge).

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Jdav, all 05 VIIIs have the 10.5 hotside - that's when it was introduced. The 03-04s have the 9.8. Also, a new IX for $1100 is not a really good price - it's a ridiculous price. They are $700 new normally when they're in stock.

Superfly, they go for about $500 used. I got mine for $450 shipped, but it took a long time and a lot of patience. I could have gotten one for $500 (not including shipping) easily, but it was tougher to get one for less.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks warr, I found one on the ebay for $420 shipped, done deal.

Jdav I don't want a new one, I just want one to use as a core for the 9-20g turbo, as its $1700 outright or $1000 with a $300 core charge, so since I snagged the one off ebay instead of spending $1700 I will get it for $1420. I would use the leftover money for parts but I'm running out of things to upgrade, might have to go fill up the 55 gal drum I used to use for 110 oct with methanol, $2 a gallon at the local race fuel station :sneaky:

*There is a evo 9 mr being parted out on ebay, I snagged the turbo, steering wheel and cf acd/dash trim but there is a lot of stuff left, including a complete engine for $3k.*

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Holy crap, a IX motor w/MIVEC for 3k!!!

Hey, superfly, make SURE that the guy sends you the full turbo, which includes the WGA, the small black compressor outlet pipe, and all the oil/coolant lines. You don't want to have to buy those parts separately.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually got the turbo from a different seller, but it had everything pictured so I should be good. That motor on ebay includes the turbo for $3k.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts