Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey for all you newbies out there I would like to give you guys some advice, If you guys have an evo and want to use it for drag racing save yourself the ebaracement because the car is not really all that good for drag racing for what it cost a lot and takes a lot of money to make fast I had one and I learned my lesson now i just use it as a daily driver. I bought myself an sti also and it is a great car, better built,higher quality and its easier to upgrade takes a whole lot less money to make fast and Its a whole lot faster than my evo and has much less upgrades. I will give you this the evo dose look better in my opinion but thats all it has over the sti the sti is better for performance and handling.

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
:laugh:
Let's see where this goes.

dragsti said:
... its easier to upgrade takes a whole lot less money to make fast and Its a whole lot faster than my evo and has much less upgrades.
What have you done to the sti? What was the bill? Just parts alone? Don't include labor I'll give it to you because I install my own stuff.

dragsti said:
I will give you this the evo dose look better in my opinion but thats all it has over the sti the sti is better for performance and handling.
I think the 2g in your avatar looks better than both.
Stock vs. stock, magazine article after magazine article; Road and Track, SCC, etc. give the 1/4 mile to the sti, but not by much. Laps on the track the Evo always takes it. Again, this is stock vs. stock. I know you started you post refering to drag racing, but you threw handling out there so...
Different strokes for different folks.
Like I said, let's see where this goes.
Keep this clean, keep it factual, no mudslinging...
Just the facts.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Well, being intimiately knowledgeable with both platforms, I know this post is a joke, because no one in their right mind would ever say,

"I bought myself an sti also and it is a great car, better built,higher quality and its easier to upgrade takes a whole lot less money to make fast and Its a whole lot faster than my evo and has much less upgrades."

Show me one STi in the 11s on the stock turbo. I will show you about 50 Evos. There's also an Evo in the 10s on the stock turbo, and several who are trapping 119+. No STI can touch that on the stock turbo.

Next, show me how many STi's have run 12.2 with a catback, mbc, and safc. Stock intake, stock ic piping, stock fmic, stock turbo, stock engine, stock head, stock cams, stock downpipe, stock cat, stock ECU, stock tires, stock clutch, full weight, and self-tuned. Yeah, I spent less than $500 to go 12.2s. I went 12.000 for about $900 with a full exhaust. No STI can touch that, and that's only with an Evo VIII. If we talk about Evo IXs, well there's already one that went 11.56 with an exhaust, intake, IC pipes, EBC, and custom flash. Again, very little money to go faster than any STI could ever dream of going on the stock turbo. Even DOUBLE the money spent with an upgraded turbo, it would be difficult to match, not to mention all the stage 1 Evo IXs running 11.9-12.1s like it's nothing...

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
I doubt that you ever owned and EVO due to your ignorance of their performance potential.... I'm thinking that you need to get an edjumication at the next EVO vs Scoobydoo shootout.... this is also know as "getting schooled" ROFL

Now go troll somewhere else.

Keith

·
Registered
120 Posts
Dragsti is just angry he/she went and bought an sti despite what everyone told him about it.
posting this thread is just a way of venting....

:rolleyes: (i assumed all this):rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
STI= Turbo lag, lol. Did he just become a member of the evo board to trash them? Somebody does sound bitter about the STI they bought.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey I apologize my friend has an sti and maid this account and he just argues with me about what car is better the evo or the sti, he owns an sti and I own an evo so I guess were stuck with rivalry the sorry thing about him is that I spank him. He has about 4 thousand dollars more in upgrades than me, I have a an ams lower intercooler, boost controller, reflash,aps blowoff valve, turbo back exhaust from buschur and a front mount cheeler, and I run a 12.49 The sti has an act performance clutch, injen intercooler front mount kit, greddy blowoff, reflash, short ram intake, straight pipe delited resonators, 19-20 psi. He fastest run was a 12.9 but usually hits a 13.0 or 13.1. My car is faster and for some reason its so much easier to luanch than his.

·
Registered
120 Posts
dxbtune said:
Dragsti is just angry he/she went and bought an sti despite what everyone told him about it.
posting this thread is just a way of venting....

:rolleyes: (i assumed all this):rolleyes:

Well i guess i was partially right about the whole thing :sneaky:

·
Registered
15 Posts
My 03 evo ran a 13.4 at 3220 elevation in Fallon Nevada(stock from the factory) the most restrictive part of an 03-04 evo is the turbo outlet and down pipe. The flapper valve on the outlet is the size of a 50 cent piece and HAS to be ported or replaced with an 05 outlet and the down pipe is a joke i belive the inside diamator is 2.25" replace all those plus a high flow cat or test pipe with an o2 simulator and a cat back and with proper tuning AND I NEED TO STRESS THE IMPORTANCE OF PROPER TUNING that is key with all this done you are going to see a high 12 second pass just from doing the exhaust work.

Derek:dsm:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts