Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be feasable to transplant the 4G63 out of an Evo 8 or 9 and put it into my 03' Outlander AWD? I would anticipate getting the entire engine, intake, exhaust manifold, turbo, downpipe and intercooler, as well as the ECU and wiring harness and swapping it in. I'm not sure what the difference in motor mounts is, so that might be a problem. I've heard about the "Airtek Turbo" that's sold everywhere but the US, so I'm sure it can be done. The Outlander will be paid for when I start to take this project on, and I'm hoping to have about $5000 to dedicate to the project by the time I'm ready to start.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
86 Posts
excellent idea, 4g63 in an outlander.

a friend was talking about doing this (in a later outlander with the mivec head), so in idle conversation i mentioned this to the 4g63 master that i know, and (i cant remember what he said would have to be changed) but it sounded like more trouble than it was worth, if possible. i should ask him again and post it here

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it's going to be costly and time consuming, I admit that. And maybe it won't be worth it. But what would be worth it would be seeing the look on people's faces when my "small SUV" pulls a better quarter mile time than the other DSMs on the track that day... :dsm: :thumb:

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
I am all for it. I love the "sleeper" effect. That is why my other car is a WRX wagon. If I get an air to water IC setup on the wagon I will not need the hood scoop any more for the top mount intercooler and that will make it even more of a sleeper :)

Keith

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Indeed, it would be an awesome sleeper. Don't get me wrong, I want an Evo IX worse than anything in the world, and I would give my left nut, kidney and anything else that's not essential to driving the car to get one, but I don't think it's going to happen any time soon.

Not only that, but I would probably have to get an RS, debadge it and put the JDM tails and a get a Lancer ES/OZ Edition/Ralliart badge kit and spoiler on it just to keep off the radar of the 5-0 here in Utah. Both the local and highway patrol police are constantly on the lookout for street racers (or potential street racers, either way) ever since they passed the law that states that they can impound your car on the spot if they have "probable cause" to think you were participating in "Illegal Exhibition of Speed on Public Roads".

No one, and I mean no one, expects an SUV to break loose and haul ass like an evo around here. That, and it would be nice to have the car paid off, since I could then dedicate the same budget to modding it instead of making payments...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CArkid0101 said:
doesnt AMS have this swap done? there site wont load up right now, dunno why, but check there shop vehicles. They have it with a gt40r im pretty sure.

owned. found it 2003 outlander

http://www.amsperformance.com/images/tim1.jpg
http://www.amsperformance.com/images/tim3.jpg

You know, looking at the picture of the exterior of the vehicle, I would have to say that it's an Airtek Turbo. It doesn't have the same front end that the outlander has here in the states, and that's the giveaway...

·
Registered
133 Posts
if u were to go to their website, it says right on it they did a front bumper conversion:thumb:

·
Registered
11 Posts
you can put any engine in any car. My buddy is putting a rotary engine from a RX-7 in his prelude and i saw a guy with a corvette engine in his RX-7. It's just a matter of money, and dedication.

·
Registered
1 Posts
FQ_EVO said:
you can put any engine in any car. My buddy is putting a rotary engine from a RX-7 in his prelude and i saw a guy with a corvette engine in his RX-7. It's just a matter of money, and dedication.

Correct, but in this case its not the hardest thing on earth to do..... and the EvoLander is awesome. The first time I saw it in person I thought it was the pimpest concept car I'd ever seen!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts