Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys its me agian quick question. the buschur racing evo green turbo that they have seems like a good turbo and they have seen it hit impresive times on the track, but what i wanna know is where can u max this turbo out, what i mean is what is it power range and efinciency?. I do plan on going with that turbo and hope with all supprting mods i can brake 400 whp on pump gas and like 430 on race gas that is my power range that i want out of my car.

my mods so far are
turbo inlet pipe
intercooler hard pipes (upper and lower)
upgraded magen racing turbo manifold
upgraded 02 housing
vishnu flash
down pipe
test pipe
apexi muffler
shep. trans. stage 2 lsd
exausht cut out
short shifter
short shifter bushings

·
Registered
213 Posts
That's the reason I've steered clear of this turbo.

Back on topic though, I'm not sure you can reach you horsepower goals with only what you have. You need to address your fuel, namely fuel pump and injectors at the minimum. You'll also going to need to start looking at cams.

·
Registered
4 Posts
techinically, the evo 9 can produce 400 whp with stock internals and such. but a lot of colling is needed. but as for the evo8, i believe you can probably punch about 350-365 whp. this is from other friends with evo8's. what others mods are you looking towards? just an turbo upgrade? like WANTED said, injecotrs fuel pump is a neccessity. on top of that you would need a boost controller. manual or computerized. then u need to look into a SAFC/ or NEO for the fine tuning.

thats my two cents.

tkc

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Mr Lan Evo, the last thing he would want to look at is an SAFC. I hope people don't think that's a viable tuning tool anymore now that we have free flashing software available to us.

Sho Evo, the 20g-LT has been maxed out at 470whp so far on race gas, and a few have done 400whp on pump gas, though that would require all the bolt-ons, cams, a nice tune, and REAL pump gas (93/94oct) - 91oct won't cut it.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
What do you mean "shoot straight for tuning"? That's what a flash is...it's a method of tuning. Flashing the ECU is by far the best method of tuning on an Evo...hands down. Not until you need a standalone when pushing above 600whp is there a better method of tuning...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ya, I'm considering spending the next year getting all the supporting mods and then jumping on the 20g bandwagon middle of next year.

·
Registered
256 Posts
theres a thread on evolutionm that a guy made like 472.xx whp and 472.xx whtq on race gas but thats on a dynapack iirc not a DD or MD

·
Registered
173 Posts
Sweet, I got a 9 turbo off of ebay I'm going to be sending in for the 20g conversion soon.

Is it possible to make 100whp more than the stock 8 evo 16g from this conversion?

My car has the equivalent of the buschur stage 4 parts -intercooler + meth injection.
Since there is no compressor map to go off of I'm kinda taking a shot in the dark, but its alot cheaper shot than the gt30 variant and it sounds like similiar 1/4 times are possible.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Definitely look into a different tuning device. AFC is just not going to cut it. IMHO EMS is the way to go. As far as the turbo goes, it's one of the best turbos for pump gas. Very efficient and has great top end. Good luck

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
what about the buschur racing..... they have a 20g-9lt?? is that as good as the fp evogreen 20g-lt????... they say that turbo can do up to 47 lbs. per min.??

1 - 20 of 30 Posts