Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok just looking for some good ideas for future power plans.
As of now I don't have any thing done right now but I do have plans to up the power of my stock EVO IX and im just wanting some ideas of good steps b/c I dont want to do thins worng
and f*** up a new car thanks guys :dsm:

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
I think I told and showed you in a previous thread, right?

Specifically for the IX:

Stg1
- TBE
- MBC + boost gauge
- Flash

Stg2
- Fuel pump
- Cams
- LICP
- SS o2 housing
- Reflash

Stg3
- Ported/coated exhaust manifold
- Ported/coated turbine housing
- Alky injection
- FMIC + UICP
- Reflash

Stg1 is the only one where you need to do all those mods at once, but everything after that can be done in any order you want. I just recommend FMIC last, because the stocker is perfectly mated to the stock turbo, and cams usually come before alky injection.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks and yea you did say something about the stage 1 not not the other ones thanks what about free mods are there any of them and if so what are they. what is a good site for gauges b/c im lookin for some red faced ones just to mach the factory ones, thanks :dsm:

·
Registered
86 Posts
You are smart to ask these ?'s before you just throw money at your car. Warrtalon's suggestions are spot on and IMO you need to look no further. The thing you need to ask yourself is what can I afford right now and what are my REALISTIC goals with this car, especially if it's your DD. If you're anything like me I work hard for the money and just pissing it away on parts that do no real benefit to performance is like taking some benjamins and just flushing them down the toilet. Good luck! :)

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
No free mods other than removing the clutch restrictor in the slave cylinder. You should do that, but it's not a power mod.

I can't help you on cosmetics - that is of no concern to me and should not be the guiding factor for choosing mods, especially gauges, imo.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ok thanks and yea you did say something about the stage 1 not not the other ones thanks what about free mods are there any of them and if so what are they. what is a good site for gauges b/c im lookin for some red faced ones just to mach the factory ones, thanks :dsm:
I actually just found this post on Evolutionm today

"I run stewart warner gauges exept the wideband(they don't make one).
Here is a link for sw ones. Also get the red led with them. They match perfectly with the stock cluster The link is for a 3 gauge package deal. IMO there great for the $. If money is not an object for you then I say go with defi
http://www.42draftdesigns.com/soluti...lution_swb.htm"

link to thread with discussion on gauges: best/most accurate gauges

·
Registered
86 Posts
Looks like a nice set with complete kits and full do it yourself instructions. I would have to do more searching to comment on their reliability. Unfortunately, I can't access evom.net at work so I'll have to check out the thread later.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think I told and showed you in a previous thread, right?

Specifically for the IX:

Stg1
- TBE
- MBC + boost gauge
- Flash

Stg2
- Fuel pump
- Cams
- LICP
- SS o2 housing
- Reflash

Stg3
- Ported/coated exhaust manifold
- Ported/coated turbine housing
- Alky injection
- FMIC + UICP
- Reflash

Stg1 is the only one where you need to do all those mods at once, but everything after that can be done in any order you want. I just recommend FMIC last, because the stocker is perfectly mated to the stock turbo, and cams usually come before alky injection.
Warrtalon,

I am newby here as I just purchased a '06 MR last Saturday. Can you give me an idea of the cost for each stage you've described, and also approximated HP gains for each stage.

Thank you,

Mark

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Stg1 is an actual package that I created and that Buschur Racing sells. It costs $1270 SHIPPED, and it gives you one of the top exhausts on the market (BR TBE), the best MBC on the market (Forge UNOS), and a flash from David Buschur himself - the guy who holds many DSM records and put the first Evo into the 8s. In terms of power, the average Evo IX on 93oct will make 330whp/330wtq with these mods at around 22-23psi. That is a 60-70whp gain over stock...

The other stages aren't actual stages sold by anyone - I just made them up on the fly, although I've been trying to convince David to actually start selling stg2. Those mods in stg2 would cost you about $1300 or so, depending on the brands and where you get them. The power gains should be around 30-40whp with also a nice gain in spool.

Stg3 would be close to $2k (it's a lot of big mods) and would get you 30-40whp with a ton of wtq. You have to be careful with power estimations, though, because they don't always stack. Done alone, the power gain estimates I gave you should be right, but as you get to the end of the stock turbo modding, there are limited returns on your dollar, since the stock turbo is reaching its limit.

I would say that all those mods combined would cost you $3500 to get around 400whp/420wtq on a Dynojet with 93oct (and alky, of course, since it's in stg3). You'd definitely need a clutch upgrade and maybe some ARP head studs when you install the cams, but you wouldn't have to touch the head or engine (other than the cams).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts