Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well after the first autox of the season the stocker is starting to kick the bucket. 42000 miles isnt bad though. more to support my theory of the guy before me not beating on it.

i am looking for the exedy twin cerametallic. i have seen ranges from 1500 to 2000 for prices and i have heard of people getting them for 1300 w/ flywheel and throw out bearing.

if you know a good plave to get it please let me know.

i think this is the best clutch for me. i dont plan on making HUGE numbers any time soon but between autoX, drag and HPDE its going to see some abuse and id prefer to not replace it for another 3 years or so.

let me know where you got yours please?

·
Registered
71 Posts
You can check with [email protected], Gruppe-s.com, Etc. There are a ton of online places to check you if you go to the vendor section on Evotuners.net and you may even want to check out he vendor section of Evolutionm.net

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that nolimitmotorsports is an AMA superbike team...

gruppe-s says call on the website but they dont give you a number. hurray for smart web designers.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The website also says that you can email them for prices. That is the quickest way to get a hold of them anyway.

Or under their "Contact us" page this is listed: Phone (M-F 10-6 PST): (510) 783-5300

Sorry, not trying to be rude or anything.....

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what about this? http://www.modacar.com/products/Mitsubishi/Evo/EHCTPC/Exedy+Hyper+Carbon+Twin+P.html i can get the TOB for 50$

thats a exedy twin CARBON + TOB and flywheel for 1750. good deal?

i cant email them because i cant get the email address. the email thing at my house is retarded and sends me to the wrong email server when i click links like that.

where is the contact us page. i looked left and right and couldnt find it.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Ok, well it's http://nolimitmotorsport.com then.

I have that Twin Carbon, or at least I think it's the same, but the one I have retails around $3k. I'd be wary of a $3k clutch being sold for $1700, but if it's the normal one, then that's a steal. However, you have _0_ need for a carbon clutch, and be aware that the carbon plates wear out quickly, because you have to slip them to get them hot before they'll grab fully.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
forget that i cant afford to replace carbon plates. the no limit motorsport price was still around 1600 or so. today hasnt been a good day. even when i buy the clutch i wont be able to install it or have it installed for a very long time so im out of a car.

:(

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Should be able to get it for $1400 or so from NLM. It might be listed at $1600, but they consistently have the lowball price on most items on EvoM. My normal contact for getting the Exedy Twin HD @ $1300 is for some reason nowhere to be found, otherwise I'd have sent you to him.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks man ill give them a call.

i signed up for evom but the mods are lagging on activating my account.
clicked the link in the email already but they lag.

o well.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea. im probably going to go with nolimit. im hoping that i can use my buddies lift because i refuse to do it on the ground :lol:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
im so mad. so today i go to ordr my clutch and everywhere i look it says 5-7 business days to be shipped from the shop. that doesnt include transit time.
i need the clutch by wednesday so i can have it installed by saturday for autox and so i have a car to drive. i cant believe i didnt notice that before. if anyone knows somewhere that has the twin HD IN STOCK ready to ship let me know please. otherwise ill be going with the exedy stg 2 cerametallic from gruppe-s. :thumbdown :pity: :mad: :cry:

·
Registered
71 Posts
You might want to check with Gruppe-S to make sure they have the clutch in stobk before you order. I purchased my clutch through them and waited like two weeks because it was out of stock.

Don't get me wrong they notified my right away and their customer service was great, they were just waiting on the parts.

I wouldn't want you to get your hopes up and order their clutch online only to find out it is out of stock.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Boostinpsi, I got some contact info directly from Exedy. Try these numbers for getting a clutch right away:

1.Dist in LA Ph# 718-499-5626
2.NY Ph# 562-905-3233
3.LA Ph# 626-812-6318
4.FL Ph# 305-687-7297

They all ship USA...Pt# you need is MMO22HD

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i found it this morning. extremepsi.com had one HD in stock and it is in the airplane right now on its way here :) thanks for the help fellas.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts