Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just thought I would share that I got my AMS 3" TBE on a few days ago and I got a ticket last night for it "being to loud". I have a test pipe with a resonator. The cop didn't check db or anything. Anyone have this problem?

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
Welcome to California law. :mad:
In CA, the enforcement is totally up to the officer. If he feels your too loud, bam! On comes the lights, sometimes you get "pop your hood," and sign on the line. Sometimes it's a fix it ticket, sometimes you need to go to a third party for testing (referee in CA).
Did you tell the officer anything?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
turbolarry said:
Welcome to California law. :mad:
In CA, the enforcement is totally up to the officer. If he feels your too loud, bam! On comes the lights, sometimes you get "pop your hood," and sign on the line. Sometimes it's a fix it ticket, sometimes you need to go to a third party for testing (referee in CA).
Did you tell the officer anything?

Well I was trying to respect his job and what not until he started telling me that I will take the exhaust off and that I WILL put my stock back on that night! It was a $20 dollar ticket and he told me everytime he see's me and if he can hear my exhaust he will give me a ticket and eventualy he will impound my car and I will have to go before a judge..... geez what a nice town I live in!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KDamericano said:
Ouch. Where was this again?
I am in Rifle..... Now get this, I asked about all the other "trucks" with loud ass exhaust and bikes and other vehicles and his quote was "I hear them but these car are just annoying" guy was a jerk.... he walks up to my car with his hand on his gun and his flashlight right in my eyes and I felt totaly like I robbed a bank or something... but just on a bright side the exhaust sounds soooooooooo good! But what a jerk.

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
JohnEB said:
It was a $20 dollar ticket and he told me everytime he see's me and if he can hear my exhaust he will give me a ticket and eventualy he will impound my car and I will have to go before a judge...
As much as I hate Socal traffic, at least I don't stand out in the heard. That sucks that a cop can get to know your car. John Mellencamp's song is going through my head right now;
"I was born in a small town" :rocks:
Anyways...
It sounds like it's only a "fix it" ticket then... yea?
Do you have to go before a judge now, or was he just theatening you? Look into the specific statute. In CA there's only a handful of offenses that make the car impoundable.
It's time to go stealth;
http://www.evotuners.net/evo_gallery/showimage.php?i=261&catid=member&imageuser=268

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The judge part is what he claims..... It was only a $20 ticket which doesn't bug me at all.... the part that bugs me is just the threat part of it. I hate the small town shit where they can get to know your car... there is only 2 evo's within 100 miles of me that I know of and I am the only one where I am at so that kinda makes me stand out like a sore thumb :mad: oh well I am going to cali with it next month which I have never been so I will be glad to get it on the open road away from this small town! Btw great looking tip larry lol! :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts