Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright i feel stupid asking this i feel like a newbe i've done a few mods and the car just doesn't feel that fast and latley has been idling kinda ruff and dips really low and almost stall out but comes back up. i'm wondering if i've made bad mod choices so here goes the mod list.

injen intake and upper pipe
turbo xs bypass valve. (does blow back into intake. all six washers)
three inch turbo back
walbro 255lph fuel pump
act 2100 clutch and streetlight flywheel
aem wide band
aem tru boost controller( spikes 21 and hold 19)
stainless clutch line
dynoflash eflash
new plugs i think one range cooler (ngk)
92 oct. gas

next weekend i will have larger fmic installed. and i realize that there are lots of things that could be causeing me problems but any input would help. this car has given me lots of problems and its made me paranoid. the tranny got rebuilt on warranty at less than 30 k miles. and the power steering has gone out as well. i love these cars but i'm losing faith. thanks guys this site is very helpfull

·
Registered
71 Posts
I will list all of the possible causes that I have found to your problem.

1. MAF dirty and needs to be cleaned.
2. Spark plugs heat range too cold for mods.
3. Severe Vacuum/Boost leak somewhere.
4. Injen intake if it was not included in your tune. (Could be the problem even if it was)
5. Fuel pump if it was not included in your tune.
6. Flywheel too light.
7. Bad gas.

As you can see there are numerous possibilities as to what could be causing your problem. I would first start by Changing the plugs back to the correct range. Then Double check all your hoses and connections under the hood for a loose hose or leak. I would also fill up the gas tank with gas from a trusted station and maybe add some octane booster to the mix. If those things don't solve your problem then maybe you need to data log and have the car re-flashed to ensure that all your mods were taken into consideration.

At that point if your problem is not solved then take it to a trusted mechanic.

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
Don't lose faith. You just have to jump on any little problem that comes up before it turns into a bigger one.
How old are the plugs? The copper ones should be checked/changed every 6K miles.
Make sure everything is right before you install that intercooler. You might end up just compounding problems.

·
Registered
213 Posts
alright i feel stupid asking this i feel like a newbe i've done a few mods and the car just doesn't feel that fast and latley has been idling kinda ruff and dips really low and almost stall out but comes back up. i'm wondering if i've made bad mod choices so here goes the mod list.

injen intake and upper pipe
turbo xs bypass valve. (does blow back into intake. all six washers)
three inch turbo back
walbro 255lph fuel pump
act 2100 clutch and streetlight flywheel
aem wide band
aem tru boost controller( spikes 21 and hold 19)
stainless clutch line
dynoflash eflash
new plugs i think one range cooler (ngk)
92 oct. gas

Quick clarification. How long after theses mods were done did this problem occur? Did you have these mods done for a while and this just started happening recently, or did you do something to your car and this started happening? Also, what's your mileage?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts