Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Where did you buy it? And what's the pricing like where you're at? Congrats. After the break in, or even now for that matter, there are plenty of people here who will be glad to help you get the most reliable performance for your $ possible.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought it at Jeff D'Ambrosio Mitsubishi in Downingtown, PA. The price ended up being equal to what South Coast Mitsu in CA was offering, plus shipping from CA to here with insurance, so I did pretty well. It ended up being about 32k with tax and tags included. I do look forward to modding, but I may wait awhile. The power is a bit much for me, so I'm gonna take it easy and really learn the car well. :thumb: :dsm:

·
Registered
86 Posts
32k with tax and tags sounds like a nice deal. Tax is not cheap on a $30k vehicle. By all means enjoy your new found power and style.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Woot, finally!

Now, during break-in, be sure to boost hard and boost often, but keep it below 5000rpm and take it easy on the brakes, trans, and clutch. Around 500-600 miles, you can start really flogging it and hold the boost to the rev limiter. The break-in is not abusive, but it does need to be aggressive, so don't baby it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Good advice Warrtalon. The key to breaking it in is to not be babying it all the time while driving. We're not talking about crazy stuff here, but there's no reason not to get into some boost, but just don't spin it high.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I completely understand. I get into when I can, and where it's appropriate. Around my town, I keep it low key (Still boost sometimes), but driving to work everyday will be great, because there's some good spots to boost. That's where most of my mileage comes from, too. But, so far, so good. Just getting used to driving stick again :rolleyes:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Wonder if that was just a dealer-installed thing. I don't think I've ever seen it...
I'd be willing to bet that it's a dealer add-on. At one time, many dealers put almost identical pinstripes on their cars and asked for $200-$300 in extra fees. When I bought my GTI in '91, it also came with almost identical pinstripes. They began to peel about a month into ownership, which gave me an excuse to have the dealer remove them. When I was buying the car, the dealer wanted to charge me for the removal, but gave me the pinstripes for (err...) "free."

·
Registered
361 Posts
If they are from the factory most of the time the clear coat will be over the sticker if not my guess is a dealer add on.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts