Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a Turbo back, Perrin IC, BOV, and a UnichipQ. But I am running on a stock Evo tune and a stock clutch.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
What is a UnichipQ? It sounds like a tuning device, but you said stock Evo tune.

The 60' is terrible, but the power isn't bad if you trapped 108.xx. With a decent 60', you'd be running mid-12s. For reference, I trap 108-109 consistently at altitude, and my ETs are 12.3-12.4 each time, so that's an idea of where you can get. You need an MBC, fuel pump, and flash to be in good shape. The BOV and FMIC are currently useless, but my guess is you didn't get them for performance based on the avatar.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put the IC and BOV due to having a wreck. They needed replaced, so that is why I have them. I am getting rid of the UnichipQ, and getting a flash next week. The Unichip comes with a base map, and that is what I have been running on. I am also getting a MBC and will look into a fuel pump. Thanks Warrtalon.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Should be in good shape after those changes.

As for the weird Unichip thing that I've never heard of, if it has a base map, then that usually means a base TUNED map, not a stock map. We refer to base flashes as flashes that are generically made according to your mods, but not custom tuned in person. Therefore, I would consider a base map to be a non-custom tuned map.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Launching an Evo is a little more complicated than revving it up and dumping the clutch so you ran times that are expected but will only get better with the suggestions above and more practice. A mail in dynoflash put mine to 5900 rpm instead of the stock 5500.

Jared

1 - 11 of 11 Posts