Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was messing around with my buddy last night on the highway

and i started pulling on him and like at the top of 4th gear my car felt like it hit fuel cut and apparently i got a 2 foot flame out of my exhaust and it happened a few times

what is that caused from?
is it bad for my car?
and what can i do to fix that?

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Are you not tuned? If it was fuel cut, then that's not necessarily harmful, but it's a big pain in the butt. It indicates to me you are not tuned. If it wasn't fuel cut, then it was a backfire probably, which also isn't bad, but tells me that you have a catless exhaust with unburnt fuel in there. It shouldn't happen while going WOT in 4th, though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i do have a catless exhaust it happened to me a few times at wot in the higher rpm range

im not sure if it was fuel cut though because usually my check engine light goes on after fuel cut like twice my buddy said it looked pretty damn cool though :p

im looking into a flash hopefully next weekend

should that solve the problem?

·
Registered
86 Posts
dr0wningless0n5 said:
should that solve the problem?
if the flasher knows what they are doing, then it might. if they dont, then you might as well sell your evo for scrap now

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Warrtalon said:
Um, well, pretty much anyone who has paid several thousand for the flashing software knows what they're doing.

Yes, it will get you in tune and not running so rich. You also won't have fuel cut.

haha yea i figured that it would fix that but i just sure if there was anything else i should do also

now im just hoping i can get an appointment soon for the flash

thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts