Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll see if I can get some pics, but today while waiting to get my summer tires put on some 20 something girl backed into my car.

I was in the shop chatting with the owner, when this girl backed into my car. She actually tried to blame ME! The police came to file a report for me, and she started crying to the cop (literally) and tried to tell him it was my fault. The cop looked at her and said almost word for word " Lady, you hit a parked car. It's your fault no matter how you twist it".

The thrust of her arguement was that the car wasn't in a "designated" parking spot. There are no "designated" parking spots. The cop was in disbelief that she hit a parked car and didn't think it was her fault.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The damage is pretty minor, but the drivers side fendor is dented and creased so it will need replacing. The bumper is bent out of alignment but not scuffed so its probably ok (it plastic after all), and the headlight has a chip in the corner and will need replaced. If it wasn't pouring rain I'd take some pics.

The car was in front of the bay waiting to be pulled in, in case anyone was wondering where it was parked.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
That does suck I had a woman back into my car while I was pumping gas! I was pissed. She gave me her insurance info and I got a check. That only cost me $5 to fix. I love urethane!

·
Registered
70 Posts
thats funny, I work with accident inspection and collision reconstruction and people come up with the dumbest stuff sometimes. I can just hear her now " If you hadnt left your car in my way, I wouldnt have hit you!"

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got one, I let my sister drive my integra GSR type R and she was leaving the garage and decided to stop to put on lip stick and the garage door closed on the roof... That was a nice like 1600 to have fixed. Just bought a evo last night and have been reading up on everything. I work in the IT field so i sit on my ass all day and surf the web lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts