Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"There are two maps on the AFC. One is called the LO map and the other the HI map. Which map it uses is determined by the throttle position. When the AFC is initially set up, the throttle position for the LO and HI map is configured. The default is something like 30/60. This means the LO map values will be used exclusively from 0-30% throttle, then it will interpolate values between the LO and HI maps from 31-59%, then use the HI map exclusively from 60-100% throttle position. For a DSM application, it is easier to tune if the maps are either on or off, instead of mixing the values between them. Set the Th-Point to 69/70 so it uses the LO map up to 69% throttle and then goes to full HI map beyond that. This separates the maps into closed loop and open loop maps, making it easier to tune. "

I need your opinion on this. This is from the PROSTREET tech articles. I have also seen the tech articles in this forum and the dsmtuners forum. Which is Correct to use??? and yes I have a Pocketlogger.

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
evo8kiko said:
Set the Th-Point to 69/70 so it uses the LO map up to 69% throttle and then goes to full HI map beyond that. This separates the maps into closed loop and open loop maps, making it easier to tune. "
I don't know where this came from, but it makes for horrible part throttle driving. There's only have one "map" you run at a time on the S-AFC and it has RPM points that are adjusted depending on throttle postion.
The above way might be easier to tune, but once your driveability goes down the crapper you'll switch back to something like 30% low and 65% high. Since you already have a logger, it will be easy for you. :thumb:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts