Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: I would like to know what a reflash is? I recently purchased my evo 8 and started to get into racing. I got a free e manage and was reading about it here, is it really worth taking the risk, and what is a reflash? I have a helix intake and turbo back and will be installing the greddy e manage tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
A reflash is where a person with experiance and a programing machine takes your stock ECU and reprograms it to match your modifications. They can adjust your fuel curve, timing curve, rev limiter, and some other things.

Keith

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
If you know what your doing and monitor your car properly, there are no risks. Since your already having it installed, I wouldn't worry about a reflash. Who's installing it? Are you tuning it yourself?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
greddy e manage or re flash?

turbolarry said:
If you know what your doing and monitor your car properly, there are no risks. Since your already having it installed, I wouldn't worry about a reflash. Who's installing it? Are you tuning it yourself?
:confused: so I don't need to have the ecu reflashed after installing the greddy e manage? I did not install it yet because my support tool did not rteach me in time. Do you happen to know how much a reflash is?

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
qmr510 said:
:confused: so I don't need to have the ecu reflashed after installing the greddy e manage? I did not install it yet because my support tool did not rteach me in time. Do you happen to know how much a reflash is?
You should not need a reslash with emanage. Check your PM's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts