Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I'm new to this site - been lurking for a few weeks. Bought my second Evo recently, an '06 IX MR. I'm an old fart by your standards, I'm sure. I'm 48, have worked on many old tech cars but not on any computer age stuff so I don't feel comfortable working on this stuff myself, as it seems the learning curve is steep and expensive. I would like to look into modding the car into the 400-450whp range. Car is my weekend play toy, not a daily driver. Might see some strip time. I would like to find a reputable shop to do the installation work. I'm not opposed to driving a distance for good results. Can you guys give me any guidance? I'm in the St. Louis area.

Thank you,
Mark

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Mark, welcome to the site. It's good that we continue to add good members, and I hope it continues. I can help you along with our other members to get your Evo where you want it in the most efficient manner while retaining reliability and not wasting money.

I don't actually know of any reputable shops in your area or surrounding areas, but maybe we have some others from around there who can help. I would send you to Buschur Racing in Norwalk, OH, but that's 530 miles. However, they are the kings of the DSM and Evo world, and some people drive their Evos there from as far as Texas and New Mexico just to be sure that they have their car built by the best.

AMS is in Chicago, which is only 300 miles, and they are also one of the top Evo shops in the country. AMS and Buschur are the only two to put a USDM Evo into the 8s, and they are only .02s apart with Buschur running an 8.95 and AMS with an 8.97.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Welcome! Your only as old as you feel! It's cool that you bought a Evo. I wish people who weren't my gereration would look into them. Then they would stop giving me crap because they actually would know what the car can do. Post up some pics and I like your goal of 400-450 whp that is what I am looking for myself!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Welcome to the site. I once saw a guy who was 56 in Import Tuner mag who modded an 03 Evo to 350whp. Hell my mom once took my car out for an afternoon, that must of been a kodak moment.

Jared

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome! Your only as old as you feel! QUOTE]

And some mornings when I get out of bed I feel like I'm 80. I'm no stranger to high hp cars. I had a mid 9 second 68 mustang with a 514 ci big block on alky. I just sold my '06 vette with 383 stroker, H/C package and procharger pushing 11psi. What I like about the Evo is whatever performance gains you realize, you'll put all that power to the ground instead of tire smoke!!!!!!
As a side note, I enjoy this site alot more than the m site, seems like there are alot of smart asses who just take pot shots at newbies not in the know, like ME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Glad to be here.
Mark

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Welcome Mark. I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here - less BS to sift through for the good information compared to some of the alternative resources you'll find. Thanks for finally registering and introducing yourself - glad you'll be sticking around ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts