Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
should I get the 05 evo8 w/ sun, sound & leather package that is sitting in the showroom :thumb: or should I wait for the dealer to locate a MR. :confused:
I do love the leather :thumb: and I don't know how big of a deal the six speed and other stuff makes. :confused:
less than a $2000 dollar difference, so price isn't a concern.

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
If they were both sitting at the dealer, which would you take? Between the RS, GSR, and the MR, you really can't go wrong. It comes down to what you really want.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to the dealer to see about getting an MR ,but they have a black GSR w/ leather that is damn good looking. so I guess what I really want to know is, does the MR have anything other than the six speed that won't get changed when I start customizing and tuning?

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
slim1974 said:
I went to the dealer to see about getting an MR ,but they have a black GSR w/ leather that is damn good looking. so I guess what I really want to know is, does the MR have anything other than the six speed that won't get changed when I start customizing and tuning?
Aluminum roof, better suspension, better wheels, and the 6 speed. So, if you are going to replace the wheels and suspension and don't care about the 6 speed then the only thing you will miss out on is the aluminum roof.

Keith

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
slim1974 said:
is the six speed worth the wait? if it is I can always get aftermarket leather seats.
Too me, if you are set on getting all the expensive stuff anyway (HID's, leather, etc) I would go ahead and get the MR.... that is just my take on the situation. Hell, if I didn't have about 10K invested in my 03 I would sell it and buy an MR :)

Anyone want a 411 wheel HP 03 for 10K over bluebook? :D

Keith

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't find any info that says the six speed is a stronger tranny :confused: , so I'm gonna go for the goodies and get the GSR. Thanks for your input and I'll post some pics when I get it home. :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Picked Her Up Friday

:D HOLY S#$T !!!!! :D
what an amazing machine :dsm:
it decided to snow :( so I had to take it easy :cry: but I am trully impressed
will try to get some picks posted this weekend

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
You went with the GSR correct? What color did you end up getting?

Thanks for the update,

Keith

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
slim1974 said:
:D HOLY S#$T !!!!! :D
what an amazing machine :dsm:
it decided to snow :( so I had to take it easy :cry: but I am trully impressed
will try to get some picks posted this weekend
Ha ha. :thumb:
You think it's bad now, wait till you do some simple upgardes and tuning.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
turbolarry said:
Ha ha. :thumb:
You think it's bad now, wait till you do some simple upgardes and tuning.

I went with black w/ leather ricaros
love black, but with this crappy weather it was filthy before I could get her home
as far as the upgrades and tuning, my buddies are opening up a tuner shop so I'll be able to make sure everythings done right and dyno'd

1 - 14 of 14 Posts