Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Open Track Day at PMI on May 5th!

Join us at PMI on Friday, May 5th for an Open Track day to get some seat time and have fun racing around the road course.

Open Track at PMI

To register, call PMI directly at (719) 240-4132 and reserve your spot.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I called up PMI and put my name on the list. It's not an exclusive Subie day - anyone can go. I'm pretty sure this is how it is all the time on weekdays. I'm going to see about talking with the owners to find out more details about track rental. Maybe we can have more than 3 more track days this year. :D

Clayton, make sure you call PMI to add your name to their list. I believe Whit called yesterday. We're there for sure!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Warrtalon said:
What kind of car will it be? And by "very very fast," do you mean road course fast or straight line fast?

Btw, my new Azenis are mounted and on the car, so I'm ready to go. I just called to sign up, but apparently only one guy can do that, and he wasn't in the office, so I'll have to call later.
Road course fast. If it's the one I think it is, it's a fully race-prepped SRT-4 that was in the Speed World Challenge Series last year. :sneaky:

edit- he has two cars that race in different classes, The lower class has a passenger seat. I don't know which one he will bring.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Clay, you mentioned going next Thursday instead - the track availability update from PMI says that day is booked. Are you already signed up for that day? If we can't get in that day, Whit and I will probably just go down on Friday since it seems to still be open.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Ludachris said:
Hey Clay, you mentioned going next Thursday instead - the track availability update from PMI says that day is booked. Are you already signed up for that day? If we can't get in that day, Whit and I will probably just go down on Friday since it seems to still be open.
It's reserved by CarZ Customs, and we can sign up for $50 up front, then the other $50 on site. You just have to read the instructions in one of their many threads all over the place:

Track Day @ PMI May 11th

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Clay, I read that they're going to be mixing in drag strip runs with this event. Any idea how they're going to divide the time? I know Whit isn't crazy about going if they're going to do more than a little drag racing.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
There is no timing on the drag runs, so it's very minimal. It's mainly for people to do heads-up grudge matches to see who wins. Without times, I won't even bother unelss I get challenged. It should only take up a small amount of the overall time...

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well it turns out Whit can't do Thursday, but can do Friday. I'm thinking I'll probably do Friday as well. Otherwise I'd have to find a way to go put my deposit in at Carz. Not to mention it's nice being able to drive down with someone in case something goes wrong.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts