Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is michael i just joined the evo tuners community and i have a 06 evo9. Just wanted to say i am new here and that the evo is the best thing mitsu has release to the us since the turbo eclipse.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have talked to you before and i since then put the factory bov on and am working on the test pipe. So the problem i am having is the flash you recommend should i get it now or wait till i put what upgrades i want then mail to dynoflash.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Well, you want to get flashed for all the upgrades, but it depends on how long it will be until you add the rest of the upgrades. If it's going to be a while, then get flashed now, and get flashed later after adding the mods. If it's going to be soon, add the mods first, then send out for the flash for everything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the thing is that i am in el paso and its 4000 above sea level and i am going to the east coast in 3 months. Al at dyno flash said he can tune the ecu for both locations to work. But in your opinion would it be better and just drive to his shop when i get to the east coast. I would buy the stuff to tune myself but i have never messed with ecus and computer tuning.

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
My name is michael i just joined the evo tuners community and i have a 06 evo9. Just wanted to say i am new here and that the evo is the best thing mitsu has release to the us since the turbo eclipse.
Welcome aboard Michael and agree with your Eclipse statement. You don't know how bad I want a convertable 2g and all the fixings for a 50 trim. :sneaky:

I would buy the stuff to tune myself but i have never messed with ecus and computer tuning.
So why don't you? Plenty of people are doing this themselves now days and I encouage all to learn to do things for themselves. You may have never done it before, but it's nothing you can't learn. It make take some time and a lot of reading, but is there a rush?

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
You need to get tuned for where you'll be living. If you're going to be in El Paso for the long-term, then you need to be tuned for El Paso. Al has tuned me at sea level and at 6000' here in Colorado, so he knows what he's doing - just listen to him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts