Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help finding something. Its a sort of hood scoop for the evo. It attaches on to one side of the little vent on the hood. Its black or carbon fiber, not sure. Does anyone know were to find this or have any idea what I'm talking about.:confused: I haven't seen it for awhile.

·
Registered
86 Posts
the scoop is made by RMR if you havet figured out or lancershopp is out of them

of course the vent is to vent hot air, but the air comming over the hood is of rather high pressure (as oppesed to under the car, and the freestream) of course, thats assuming that the flow hasnt seperated already (which i couldnt tell you if it has or not) because then you would get a lower pressure turbulent air (which isnt too useful, espeically when compared to a laminar high pressure flow)

also instead of blowing onto a cone or mushroom filter, it would probably be of benefit to cut a hole in the stock box lid, and use a rubber molding for a tight seal, especially when the summer comes

·
Registered
86 Posts
also what i was thinking might improve underhood temps, is to get a STi kind of hood scoop and put it on the hood infront of the hood vent (nearly at the nose of the car) and this should help cycle more cool air in the exhaust manifold region, to keep underhood temps down.

either that, or you could completely seal off your intake, which would probably be alot easier. basically get some sort of box to put around your filter, and have that fed by a direct air sorce. by direct i dont mean the stock ram-air scoop. im talking a scoop that is positioned directly into some form of the freestream airflow (either comming down inbetween the transmission to get air from under the car, or make a good passage from the opening by the IC spray to the box, or drill out the chrome thing where your foglights should be, like the supra and DSM boys)

·
Registered
86 Posts
do it larry!!!!!!!!

NACA ducts are the sign of a real race car

if you really want to know, they intake air by using low pressure created (at the tip part where its the thinest) to cause air to rush in there to equalize the pressure, and bam, the top effectively closes on the air and its trapped going into whatever you want to ventilate. or approximately thats how they work, at least

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
rammsteinmatt said:
NACA ducts are the sign of a real race car
Well then count me out. ROFL
I first saw these when I was going to vent the hood on my Eclipse. I figured since I was going to be hacking away I'd just throw one on above the intake and seal off some way. I might still want to try it some day with the Evo (Oh the ideas and projects in my head with no time or money :rolleyes:).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts