Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 2003 evo 8 about 2 months ago. It has now 80,000 miles on the car. Just wondering if any one else has that many miles on thier evo.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
fastblue8 said:
I just got my 2003 evo 8 about 2 months ago. It has now 80,000 miles on the car. Just wondering if any one else has that many miles on thier evo.
Oh, man, you bought a used 03 with nearly 80k miles? WTF

I hope it was very cheap and that it lasts you a long time, but I'd be pretty worried. There are plenty above 80k, but maybe not on here. I know a guy in DC who hit 110k a while ago, since he has a very long commute each day. He's also moderately modded (~340whp), yet his is running strong still, so hopefully yours does the same.

·
Registered
133 Posts
i thought i had alot at 45k. makes me feel good actually.... ill be trading for a evo9.5 though(later year 9) as soon as i can. hopin to get one either slightly used around 5k or start fresh and make sure my break in goes perfect

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
I have 52k on mine and it's running strong. I might be looking to get into a slightly used evo 9 in about a year though.

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
fastblue8 said:
As long as it was well treated and you keep up with the maintainence and it should be fine. If anything breaks it's just telling you to upgrade, and everything on a car can be fixed. :thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Warrtalon said:
Oh, man, you bought a used 03 with nearly 80k miles? WTF

I hope it was very cheap and that it lasts you a long time, but I'd be pretty worried. There are plenty above 80k, but maybe not on here. I know a guy in DC who hit 110k a while ago, since he has a very long commute each day. He's also moderately modded (~340whp), yet his is running strong still, so hopefully yours does the same.
Whats wrong with 80k miles? Why would anyone buy an Evo it they should worry about the car after such a short amount of time.

I don't know how similar or different the Evo's 4g63 is to the 2nd gen DSM's, but I know of a Talon thats been running mid 12s on his stock long block and its got 210k on it..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Don't listen to him your car is fine. I don't know why people go crazy when they see someone buying a used evo with a lot of miles. What does someone do with an evo when they want to buy a new car or just get rid of it? Do they throw it away and junk it? No.....They sell it. The evo motor is one of the most well built motors out there and as long as you treat it right it will last you to 200,000+ miles. People who own evo's think everyone should buy the car new and that if they have an 03-05 you need to get an 06 and it must be an MR. To be honest 06's the front end is ugly and to me it's a waste of money to trade in an older evo for one and MR's are just a waste of good money. Almost everybody that own's an evo modifies it so if you modify an 03 and you just happen to run into an 06 on the street then you can show them who's boss. Evo's haven't been around that long and eventually they will be the new dsm (it's already almost that way). DSM's are getting old, out dated, and most importantly rusting there asses off. That doesn't mean there bad but I guarantee as soon as the the new 06's are finally gone every used evo out there is going to be in high demand. Enjoy!

·
Registered
86 Posts
going to break 11k on my drive today. runs like a champ with the help of mr. HKS GT28

1 - 9 of 9 Posts