Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Im new to the forums,and I've had my EVO for a while now.I was going to get a MBC and boost gauge.I need to konw how much boost I should run if im gunna run 89octane.Thank you!

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
First of all, you can't ever run 89oct. Why did you plan on doing that? 91oct is already crappy, but you can at least use it without hurting the car. 89 could potential damage your engine, and you by no means should even think about adding an MBC if you're going to use 89oct. If anything, I'd turn the boost LOWER than stock if I was on 89oct. Also, an MBC isn't much use by itself without the associated mods like an exhaust and tune.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Why did you make a new screen name? I'm sorry, but after our previous conversation where you didn't know what I meant when I said octane determines the boost you can run, then you come on with a new screen name and say you plan to run 89oct, and you're just a 16yo kid who was given the car by his parents...I don't think you should even TOUCH an MBC and definitely should not be raising your boost. This is a disaster waiting to happen...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah, MBC's are nothing to play around with UNLESS you have some clue as to what you are doing. I spent alot of time with the MBC in my Galant VR-4 to get it set just right.

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
It can be done, but you need to turn the boost way down and tune for it. Turn it down as low as it will go. If you do this you better have an ability to monitor knock and the ability to control timing.
Why do you want to do this?

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
Warrtalon said:
Larry, he didn't know it wasn't ok to run 89oct. He's 16, the IX is being given to him by his parents, and he considers the stock power not enough for him based off his half year of driving other family cars.

:laugh:
I thought he was trying to save money on gas.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts