Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, this is really noob and im sure someone has already posted about this but here goes. How much psi does my evo 8 run stock? How much can the turbo produce safely? How much can the motor handle safely. i know tuning and everything is going to be a factor. Around here in Md we have 93/94 oct that i run off of. I ordered a buschur stage one package and im using my evo as a street/strip car. I want to give the car more umph without hurting it reliablitly and ect. Any info is greatly apreciated and like i said sorry for the noob question, plz dont be too hard on me.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
03/04s = [email protected] tapering to [email protected]
05/06s = [email protected] tapering to [email protected]

The turbo can produce up to 30psi, but it's only efficient to 25psi. Since it will automatically taper down, then even if you run 28-30psi peak (~3800rpm), it will bring itself back down into its efficiency range. Above 25psi peak, the returns are diminishing, as you gain more torque, but you start to gain minimal HP.

However, all of the above requires the proper octane primarily, and also the proper tuning secondarily. You can only run 22psi max on your 03 with 93/94oct. With the BR Stg1, that's what you shoul do - set the boost to SPIKE at 22psi in 3rd, but no higher.

On race gas, you can run more boost, but not on 93.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Btw, the flash included in your package is done by Dynoflash, so instead of sending off your ECU in the mail, you could just attend the DC/MD/VA Dynoflash tuning trip in August. He will be at VIP Garage in Sterling, VA, doing custom tunes. You can either just get your included BR flash in person, or you can upgrade to a 2hr custom road tune for $200 on the spot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts