Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
stupid question
i am going to do an oil change in my car and i need to know how much oil it takes?
i know it has to be mobil 1 synthetic
but i need to know how much
and how about a filter?

also, does anyone know where i can get like a chilton style service manual?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Not a stupid question first off because the right oil in a car like an evolution is kinda important.

1. If u can buy one of the jugs of Mobil synthetic that carry roughly 4.75 quarts your set.

2. Best oil filter for the money has to be the ones from mitsu themselves
Part # MZ690116

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
nothere said:
I like to fill the oil filter before spinning it on. Can't say it helps, but I feel like a big man when I do it.
I always do that on any vehicle with a vertically mounted out filter. It was one of the things I did not like about my GVR-4 was not being able to do this due to the horizontal orientation of the filter.

Keith

·
Registered
203 Posts
Filling up the oil filter does help because of the dry start after the oil change and feeling like a big man also helps.:thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
Good tid bit on prefilling the filter. :thumb:
As far as the manual, the previous owner kicked down his on cd. I think he got it off ebay but it's complete.

·
Registered
12 Posts
ive had some bad experience with mobil 1, sure the cap says use it but must i really use that crap ? i was gonna proble throw valvoline or QuakerQ, the Mobil 1 pretty much clogged the lifters on my 2g and thanks to it i now have mad lifter tick and ive tried everything to get rid of it, thats why i really dont plan to put that sludge in my motor

1 - 8 of 8 Posts