Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG!!! they really pulled it off. that thing looks so evil. looks like ill be trading in my new IX RS. j/k ill have to wait to drive one first. but the looks are spot on. aggresive, aerodynamic, yet all business. i hope the new 4B11 motor can hold up.
cruise control FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'll be interested to see what the aftermarket threshold of the motor will be. I'm just hoping here, but will ECUflash still be an effective tuning tool with this car or did Mitsu. change the ECU to a completely new platform?

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Well, I'm sure no one knows that for sure, but it's highly unlikely that the ECU will be the same considering how drastically different the motor and drivetrain are. I'm sure the OpenEcu guys will be hard at work as soon as it's released, though...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah you're right. I'd say they'll give it their best shot at a minimum. :) Hmmm...this may make the IX RS I drool over a little more affordable. A guy can hope at least. :thumb:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I didn't see anything in the pictures about an AYC (active yaw control) control button. I guess they are still jipping the U.S. market on that one.

The cruise control is a nice touch too.

I don't like the fact that the vents in the hood are smaller and that it is now a paddle shifter, not a standard shifting transmission. I understand this is for faster shifting, but I like doing it the old fashion way. Plus, the engine has one of those ### covers on it. I hate that the new cars are starting to have those on there. Plus by by 4g63 :cry:

I don't like change and I never have, but it guess it could be worse. What are the stats of this new engine???

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
98, we don't need or want AYC. 99.9% will never use it or even have a clue what to do with it, and it would just add another $3-4k to the cost...not worth it, imo.

There is supposed to be a manual version, too - they're not all automatics.

No stats yet, but more powerful than the IX is what they're claiming.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
I didn't see anything in the pictures about an AYC (active yaw control) control button. I guess they are still jipping the U.S. market on that one.

The cruise control is a nice touch too.

I don't like the fact that the vents in the hood are smaller and that it is now a paddle shifter, not a standard shifting transmission. I understand this is for faster shifting, but I like doing it the old fashion way. Plus, the engine has one of those ### covers on it. I hate that the new cars are starting to have those on there. Plus by by 4g63 :cry:

I don't like change and I never have, but it guess it could be worse. What are the stats of this new engine???
It has AYC, it is integrated with the ACD system, and all controled by one computer setup and switchgear. I viewed the unvailing via web at the auto show and they went into lots of detail.... I will post the link when I get home from work today.

Keith

·
Registered
99 Posts
The front of it , from the side anyway, reminds me of the Skyline R34. I hate to see the 4G63T go. It does look pretty nice, though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts