Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Some of the best wheels available for the Evo right there. The only downside is how Rota copied them with the Torques, but I know that in person, the CR KAIs look WAY BETTER than Rota Torques - you just can't convey that in pics.

As for the "drop," I suggest not thinking of it as a "drop," because that means you'll get lowering springs that harm the handling dynamics of the car and blow your shocks. Think about improving the overall suspension with a set of coilovers, and when you do that, you will end up with a lower ride height that also provides the improved visual effect you're hoping for...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some of the best wheels available for the Evo right there. The only downside is how Rota copied them with the Torques, but I know that in person, the CR KAIs look WAY BETTER than Rota Torques - you just can't convey that in pics.

As for the "drop," I suggest not thinking of it as a "drop," because that means you'll get lowering springs that harm the handling dynamics of the car and blow your shocks. Think about improving the overall suspension with a set of coilovers, and when you do that, you will end up with a lower ride height that also provides the improved visual effect you're hoping for...

Yeah Warr, drop was a wrong choice of word... I meant coilovers and am struggling to find some decent ones here.. they have Tein flex and D2's available at the moment..

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Is running with no center caps a new style I am not aware of yet? The wheels themselves look awesome, I was just startled to see them on the car without any center caps.

Keith

·
Registered
137 Posts
dxbtune forgot to mention that Cusco 02R coilovers are also available here.

Strangely enough, the TEIN Flex is only cheaper than the Cusco 02R by just US$180.

Are TEIN Flex coilovers any good for track, or would we be better off going with the 02R coilovers?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Doh!
Ok ill let you know...
Ghoonk on this forum warned me to do my alignment asap after the install...
Ill let him test them out after they are on the car and see how he reviews them..
Aparently Cusco is popular around the middle east and well reputed I wonder why they arent in the states...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Cusco 02R > HKS Hipermax 2

some people find that

Zeal Super Function_R > Ohlins Flag-L > Ohlins PCV > JIC > Cusco 02R > TEIN Super Racing > HKS Hipermax Pro > HKS Hipermax 2 > TEIN Super Street > TEIN Flex

Of course, all that subject to the skill of the installer in setting up the coilovers right :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
A local guy has a set of older Cusco that he has been very happy with. He did several track days with them and definitely said they are a good choice, as well as they were very smooth on the street. Ive been thinking about these myself after riding in his car.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
I prefer shock dyno and track results to seat-of-the-pants comments. Be sure to get that type of info before making a big decision like this. I do believe the Cusco are probably high quality, so they may be a great choice regardless, but definitely be sure not to base it off a guy who just says they feel good. People say that when installing springs and a rear sway bar without realizing it makes handling worse.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts