Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I was woundering about the Intake from Slowboyracing.com it is a Dejon tool 3" Intake and it has a option of a stock bov location or a rear one I do still have stock IC pipes and this Intake is for a 8 is that ok B/C I have a 9 if anyone has any input I would appreciate it thanks :dsm:

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Ok I was woundering about the Intake from Slowboyracing.com it is a Dejon tool 3" Intake and it has a option of a stock bov location or a rear one I do still have stock IC pipes and this Intake is for a 8 is that ok B/C I have a 9 if anyone has any input I would appreciate it thanks :dsm:
Are you referring to an intake or a MAF pipe?

Before I can answer your questions, I need to know what it is you're trying to do. Intakes are not the first thing we do on Evos, and you don't need to change the MAF pipe at all. Also, I haven't seen anyone personally get that intake. Dejon is well-known and makes some good stuff, though, so it may be something worth getting.

What does "option of a stock bov location or a rear one" mean? Whatever you do, you want to use the stock BOV in fully recirculation mode. Also, the intake and IC pipes on the 9 are identical to the 8 except for the compressor outlet pipe coming off the turbo, but that shouldn't play a part here.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
I have that pipe on mine and It's great, get yours with the stock BOV location and with all the stock boost solenoid line on it, you can always block it off later if you go with a MBC or EBC. Get tuned after your intake though!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I know that it is not the first thing that needs to be done I was looking in to some diff Intakes and seen that one I just wanted some info and I thank you for it soon I will have a full TBE and the Intake now I know I have asked about this before but I would like to have more info but as far as it goes for TUNING I do not want to have an AFC and I dont want to have to send off my ECU what I would like to have if there is one is a plug-an-play Tuner that I can uploud a tune. thank you for your time and all the info :dsm:

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
There's no plug-n-play tuning device that isn't a piggyback like the SAFC. The #1 method of tuning is a flash. There's nothing wrong with sending your ECU out for 2 days to get flashed, but it's also not necessary. You can just flash yourself with the free EcuFlash software by buying the flashing cable and purchasing an eflash from someone like Dynoflash.

There is still no need for the intake - why do you plan to get that with the TBE? An MBC would be far more useful while costing less than an intake. TBE, MBC, and flash = total pwnage on a IX. The package I created with those 3 mods makes 60-70whp over stock for $1270. You can get whatever brands you prefer, but I implore you to get that same combo of mods at least.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok can you tell me more about this ECU Flashing with the Eflash with DynoFlash. like what all is it and where can I go and look it up and maybe buy it, thanks :dsm:

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
There's no plug-n-play tuning device that isn't a piggyback like the SAFC. The #1 method of tuning is a flash. There's nothing wrong with sending your ECU out for 2 days to get flashed, but it's also not necessary. You can just flash yourself with the free EcuFlash software by buying the flashing cable and purchasing an eflash from someone like Dynoflash.

There is still no need for the intake - why do you plan to get that with the TBE? An MBC would be far more useful while costing less than an intake. TBE, MBC, and flash = total pwnage on a IX. The package I created with those 3 mods makes 60-70whp over stock for $1270. You can get whatever brands you prefer, but I implore you to get that same combo of mods at least.

Actually, the Cobb accessport for the EVO sounds like what he is looking for. I don't have any experiance with it on the EVO, but it works good for the WRX. I am not pushing the accessport instead of a regular flash setup, but for someone who doesn't want to do their own tunning, but wants to be able to swap between professionally tunned maps without using a laptop it is a good solution. If you don't mind having to use a laptop, I would stick with a rugular flash, and the free flashing software that is out there to swap maps.

Keith

1 - 11 of 11 Posts