Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if it was possible to break into the 11's ? I saw a thread that said stock turbo 11 's ..... I mean the Evo comes with a turbo so is it possible ? If so what kind of R/T's would you need ? and 60' times ? also how much hp is that ? I personally think that is very impressive.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
What do you mean by "is it possible"? There are many, MANY Evos in the 11s and 10s and yes, many hit 11s on the stock turbo. R/T has no effect on ET, and required 60' depends on trap speeds. With 340whp and trapping 113mph, you'd need a 1.5 60', but with 400whp trapping 119mph, you could do it with a weak 1.9 60'. 11s require 350+ whp usually...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok

Okay what would it take to make a Lancer Evo MR edition or IX run low to mid 12's ? What kind of mods would be needed to do this and approximately how much? If I do get a Lancer Evo I plan on having around 500Hp when I am done with it.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
If you plan to get 500whp out of an Evo, then I dont know why you'd care about low 12s, nor do I know how you'd afford a $36k car plus $20k in mods...

Anyway, for $1270, you can run low 12s all day with the Warrtalon package from Buschur Racing. It includes a 3" turboback exhaust, manual boost controller + boost gauge, and a Dynoflash (ecu tune). Easy as that, and your 9 is at 330whp. Add race gas and raise the boost, then you're capable of 11s with minimal mods.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dude

Dude, I don't know why you care about how I can afford a car at 36K and 20K in mods or so. All I want to do is run anywheres from low 12's to mid 12's . All I need to know is how much boost to use, thats all.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
How much boost to use? Thats not what you need to know to run 12s. Look, the 9 is a 12 sec car stock. With exhaust and a tune, even a noob can hit mid 12s, but a good driver can hit very low 12s. That would be nowhere near 500whp, though...

I car about the 36k+20k as a 17yo college student, because people love to exaggerate online, and I have no patience for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts