Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i mean free service, fixing broken problems seems really nice...but so does running 12s. ROFL, i don't know of many mod friendly dealers around here and im really not sure what i should be doing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
mitsu/dealers are going to try to find any freakin small reason to deny warranty work anyway so i jus said screw it, might as well at least go fast

·
Registered
36 Posts
BigLEVO said:
mitsu/dealers are going to try to find any freakin small reason to deny warranty work anyway so i jus said screw it, might as well at least go fast

I would try not to void the warranty especially if your not rich enought to fix the problem your going to make. I sugest you do small bolt ons that you can pull out when you take it to the dealer. Not all dealers are the same try other mitsu dealerships. Mine lets me put a timer, intake, exhaust and other parts + the service guy is cool so he said he would take care of me. So you just need to find the right people. If your going to buy a new car like an 06 evo I would not void the warranty that would be very dumb in your part especially if you plan to run 12's your just asking your Evo to last a year or 2 before your parts start to blow up (xcase, clutch, ect).

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
sairaag said:
especially if you plan to run 12's your just asking your Evo to last a year or 2 before your parts start to blow up (xcase, clutch, ect).
I don't know why you'd say that when the IXs already run 12s in stock form. You by no means have to worry about your t-case or tranny in stock form and even with another 100whp as long as you don't dump the clutch. The clutch itself will wear out in a year or two if you do a lot of racing, but not if you drive normally.

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
If your only going to be keeping the car for a couple of years, then maybe it's not worth voiding the warranty. If something serious goes wrong with no coverage, you'll put money into repairs that will be washed out by the KBB value. For example, the value of two similar '04 GSR's that have had their transfer cases replaced are going to cost the same. The only differance is that one was covered under warranty (no cost) and the other was paid out of the owners pocket (money lost). Does it make sense? :confused:
For me, I'm in for the long haul so I'm not conserned about the warranty and I'm modding away. :D I'll probably have this car for 10 years and if anything goes wrong, it's getting upgraded; bottom end, tranny, transfer case, whatever. I'll get my money's worth out of the parts and labor because I'm keeping it so long.
I hope this makes sense and helps you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Many people are buying and modding EVOs without the $$ to back it up if things go wrong.. You mod-you better have some spare $$ just in case.

·
Registered
21 Posts
One thing would be to only mod things that are fairly easy to put back in case something happens and you need to take it in, plus having friends with the same vehicle helps so you can swap parts (oooh sneaky). I would agree with the majority to stay away if you don't have the means to fix things yourself.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I agree whith than last post-easy mods--not much fun trying to replace intercooler pipes and install the orig. battery just to bring the car in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts