Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent the better part of the morning driving my soon-to-be SE. I liked some of what it had to offer more than my old RS, and as can expected, some not as much.

The good: the SE's gearbox is much less notchy, even without break-in. The RS' gearbox never felt as smooth. The clutch engagement feels more positive, as well.

The bad: the SE doesn't feel as raw as the RS. Everything about the SE feels a little more refined and less visceral. Keeping in mind that I never took the SE above 5K, its acceleration seemed less gut-wrenching compared to the RS. That may be due to the SE having more sound insulation, thus limiting some of the noise-driven performance queues.

The wing: to my total surprise, I didn't hate it. I'm still not in love with its appearance and the attention it's bound to get, but I don't feel compelled to ditch it immediately.

Felix

·
Registered
203 Posts
I agree with you about the gear box being a bit notchy compared with the standard 5-speed in the base IX, not to sure if there is any difference in parts. There is something engaging about hearing EVERY part of the car due to the reduced sound dedening in the rs. The stock wing is always something that I tolerated better than most factory wings. If somebody was selling one dirt cheap I might consider puting it on my car but the sleeper look of the rs and the extra sticker cost of the wings shunned me away from ever owning any other evo models. Anywho good luck on your purchase.:dsm:

Jared

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
06evors said:
There is something engaging about hearing EVERY part of the car due to the reduced sound dedening in the rs.
I'm going to miss that with the SE.

Anywho good luck on your purchase.:dsm:
Thank you.

Here's a pic of the SE and of the Bilsteins that'll be going in after break-in:

Felix

1 - 3 of 3 Posts