Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I was looking for the "new member" forum to say hello to everyone but didn't find it. Anyhow, I just got my silver '05 evo today from carmax and I have to say I am very happy with it. I too came from dsmtuners and have had 2 dsms in the last 4 years I have been driving. I am happy to have a newer car that still has the 4g63 :).

Anyway, the advice I need is this. I am in Ft. Lauderdale and I ordered the car through CarMax from one of their stores in Georgia. The ad online said the car has cruise control. I signed the papers and everything and just as I was leaving, noticed the car did not have cruise control. I had paid $250 to get the car shipped and the guy said that if the car is not as it is described I would get my shipping fee money back. I called the guy, and now he is going to speak to his manager and call me back tomorrow? What else can I say tomorrow to get my way, or do I not have any grounds to argue?

Also, can the subwoofer that comes in cars with the sun, sound, and leather be ordered and installed at the dealer? Part number anyone?

Thanks again and I look forward to learning from all of you,

:dsm: Tyler VanDonge :dsm:

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
1) No Evo has cruise control, so that's an easy win.

2) The last thing you want to do is actually purchase the Mitsu sound package afterwards and pay for installation. It's a very weak system that isn't worth what it costs as part of the cost of an SSL Evo, and it's certainly not worth adding aftermarket. Many people remove all that Mitsu crap and replace it with better components. I'd suggest doing the same.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand what you are saying, but I have heard the cars with that sound system and it is more than enough for me. I know it will probably end up costing more this way, but it is simply something I want to do. I want to make it looks like it was an option that the car came with. I guess when I find the part numbers of everything I will post it so that if someone else wants to do the same, then it will be available.

Does anyone know if there is a different amp used or if the only difference is that the cars with the ssl have the sub added onto it? I am also having some trouble trying to look at the stage 1 and 2 set of mods. Is that part of the site down now?

P.S. I was driving my 98 eclipse spyder gst today (i haven't sold it yet) and I cant stand driving it now compared to my evo :thumb:

Tyler

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Ok, that's your choice. I do not quite understand the allure of wanting it to look like it came with the car, since you won't have a sunroof or leather, so people will know it's not SSL, but if that's what you want, then it's your prerogative for sure. I just think you should consider paying less to get much higher quality.

Hmm, yeah, the power stage pages are down. I'll notify Chris. In the meantime, I can answer any mod questions you have.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
If you want the stock SSL sound system your best bet is to find someone who thought the system sucked that upgraded to aftermarket sound system parts and purchase their used SSL components. I purchased a regular non-ssl system complete (4 speakers and head unit) for my RS for around $100.00 shipped.

Keith

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats a good idea. I will look around for just that. Do you know what components I would be looking for? Just the sub and amp or is there more to it? I never got into stereo systems...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts