Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner

Kumho MX

8K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  evomrguy 
#1 ·
I just put a set on my car and I will have to say that I am rather pleased with it's performance so far.

The handleing and ride are great. They stick like glue. Although the ride is a tad bit louder the hadleing is the trade off as well as the price.

I would reccomed these tires.

See less See more
#2 ·
YES...thats all I really need to say.

The MX's are awesome. They compete with the Goodrich G-Force T/A KD's but are 75 bucks less a tire and last longer than the KD's

I would reccomend the MX's to anybody who wants a performance tire.
I'd like a set of MX's in 275s eventually for the EVO

#14 ·
I've had mine for a while now. They stick better than the stockers, but I think they have more noise. After they wear a bit they get LOUD!! My car sounds like it's got 44 inch mudders on it. I thought it was a BAD wheel bearing or something in the drivetrain but I had it all checked out and it is nothing but tire noise.

I'm going to go with the new falkens next. This will be happening very soon.

#15 ·
I had the MXs as my second set of street tires (am now on my 5th). At autocross I found they tended to roll over on to the shoulders more than I would have liked, although I was something of a n00b at the time and tended to overdrive the car a lot. The next 2 sets were Falken Azenis Sports RT-215s, gripped superbly and no issue with sidewall stiffness, but heavy. At the track they did tend to grease up a bit but were still fairly predictable and grippy even when overheated. I drove the second set mostly-worn during NorCal's "record" rainy season; made driving a bit "interesting" at times. It was during this time I started autocrossing and tracking on separate race rims and tires. After the 2nd set of Azenises wore out I put on Hankook RS2 Z212s in the same size (245/45-17). Grip is as good if not better than the Falken RT-215s; the 'Kooks are lighter, better in the wet and in standing water. They've been favourably compared with the new Falken RT-615s by many national-level ST-class autocrossers, and are priced lower than the Falkens. Highly recommended. :thumb:

#16 ·
I finally got my MX's on yesterday. :thumb:
They feel good. I can tell the sidewall is not as stiff as the stock A046's, but still transfer some road feel. They really soften the stock RS's suspension. My wife is going to love it. I have yet to really push it. When I do I post what happens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.