Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I envy you guys. Seems that my clutch switch has been disabled (i.e., I can start the car without having to depress the clutch), and I'm wondering if that has something to do with the fact that I cannot seem to get launch control working :(

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mate, I'm 6ft 3in. It's a wee squeeze for me to get into THAT space. If anyone has any sort of wiring diagram, that would really work. I wish I did know what the 3 wires were supposed to do, though

Warr, I won't need the clutch switch connected for launch control to work, right?

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
I'm 6'2". You have to get in there by opening the driver's side door, leaving your legs outside the car, and crawling your head/arms/torso up under the dash. You can see fine once in there with a flashlight.

The three switches do this:
Lowest - starter switch (I disconnect this always)
Middle - cruise control (inactive)
Top - stationary rev limiter (must be connected for launch control to work)

As you can see, I keep my starter switch disconnected, but I use launch control, so that answers your question quite well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm 6'2". You have to get in there by opening the driver's side door, leaving your legs outside the car, and crawling your head/arms/torso up under the dash. You can see fine once in there with a flashlight.

The three switches do this:
Lowest - starter switch (I disconnect this always)
Middle - cruise control (inactive)
Top - stationary rev limiter (must be connected for launch control to work)

As you can see, I keep my starter switch disconnected, but I use launch control, so that answers your question quite well.
MY EVO X IS NOT GETTIN IN TO THE LAUNCH MAP... could it be the clutch switch??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts