Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I have an '03 daily driver that came with the Tein lowering springs.

First question - I live in an area that gets a lot of snow during the winter. Are there springs for the Evo that will increase the ride height and give me a little more clearance for winter driving? And can any of you reccomend a good snow tire?

Second question - I read a post the other day where after installing a set of lowering springs, the front struts gave in... The area I live in has a good number of pot holes (avoided like the plague) and bumpy street conditions. Is there need to fear for my front struts or other suspension components due to the height decrease I'm rolling with now? (the lower Tine set up)

:dsm:
Thanks all
love the forum

·
Registered
86 Posts
i suppose you could get stock springs probably dirt cheap and switch to those when it snows, that'll raise the car. i dont think they make lift kits for evos like they do for trucks. you'd have to go to a rally shop (like RMR) and they'll point you in the direction of raised suspension, but it might cost thousands of dollars

tires: http://www.fourstarmotorsports.com/CatalogData/Yokohama_104.htm
and get some mudflaps. it'll be badass, trust me. although, anything with a M+S rating should be good enough, but whats the point if going hardcore is just so easy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Frick!
Now I'm worried about my struts (38k mileage) :cry:
At least I didnt pay for the tein springs as I will prolly now be buying 2 more sets
Stock and a better (rate) lowering springs

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
I use Blizzak revo and they are unstopable in the snow.

Any adjustable hight coil over suspension can be adjusted for slightly more than stock ride hight.

Keith

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fourdoor said:
I use Blizzak revo and they are unstopable in the snow.

Any adjustable hight coil over suspension can be adjusted for slightly more than stock ride hight.

Keith
Thanks for the suggestions
I'll probabally end up going with stock springs and blizzaks this winter,
Saving up and aiming for some coil overs and moybe some power mods next spring.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts