Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.
I have some smoke comming out of my exhaust when im on the highway.
If someone is tailing me i step on it a little and i notice some smoke comming from the back of the car(exahust) when i look in the rear view. It looks white but cant really tell...

-This is at night so the smoke is amplified through the person lights behind me if you get what i mean. I dont see anything during the day its on a very small scale, the smoke may be black however seeing it through light may make it look greyish white.

If i park the car and get someone to rev it for me there is absoloutly nothing comming out
(black,blue,white smoke) seems clean.

Why would it only do it when im giving it a little on the highway? (above 4K rpm)
it still has the original oil in it after being broken in, No i didnt abuse the car whilst running it in 5k max well a little more sometimes :sneaky: but nothing over the top no way near redline.

Am i just burning off some crap since i never really gun it at all ?
I would have thought that since its not smoking at all when not moving and reving it, things should be ok. (i reved it just to check if there was smoke on one occasion before anyone tells me i shouldent rev it)

Someone please enlighten me :cool:

dxbtune

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It wasn't smoke !

Living in the middle east there is sand galore on the roads.
the evo kicks this all up in the air when flooring it.
Must be the way the evo is shaped creating huge turbulence.

sweeet

1 - 3 of 3 Posts