Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys think that an evo is more of a younger persons car , what I mean by this is it ok if you are letes say 23 or older and you drive this car. People think that by the way this car looks it just hints street racer specialy if you have an exhaust. I have a friend that wants a car but dont know what to get and he just dont want to be put in the category of rice or fast and furious car he is 24 and feels like maybe a 350z is more of a respectable car for someone his age. Cars he is debating are 350z,g35,nsx, maybe an evo. He wants a car to be a prity nice cruising car and have deasant power.

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
cul8rv8 said:
Do you guys think that an evo is more of a younger persons car , what I mean by this is it ok if you are letes say 23 or older and you drive this car.
I don't think it is, but if he has the money...

cul8rv8 said:
People think that by the way this car looks it just hints street racer specialy if you have an exhaust.
Personally I think it's ugly, but I love 4g63's and I need four doors. :laugh: Lose the wing, paint the exhaust black, put "Lancer" across the trunk and most will over look it.

cul8rv8 said:
He wants a car to be a prity nice cruising car and have deasant power.
If he really wants a pretty nice cuising car and only have decent power, then tell him to stick with the 350z.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Yeah, sounds like a 350z is best for him. Not really fast, but looks nice.

As for being more respectable for a 24yr old, that's about the most ridiculous thing I've heard. 24 is still a kid, imo, and the Evo is a world rally champion with a long legacy. The 350z has no legacy, and is really just a good-looking car that falls short in the performance category.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am over 30 and just bought mine a couple of months ago....but its about knowing what you want, being able to afford it and getting it.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
I am 35, and have the RS along with JDM spec EVO VII red tail lights. Other than being loud my car looks like a cheap comuter car.

Now if you want a nice GOOD LOOKING car with pretty good performance given a choice between the 350Z or G35 I would take the G35 any day of the week and twice on Sunday!

Keith

1 - 5 of 5 Posts