Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how much psi can the stock BOV hold? I'm interested in upgrading mine soon but not sure which brand to go with. Was thinking the JDM MR or a Forge one from Buschur. What do you guys think?

My other question is should i replace the stock lower ic piping w/the Buschur one's? Or would it be better to just get the whole kit? I was thinking of just keeping the stock intercooler and not replacing it and save some money for GSC's. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
your on the right track. upgrading the licp is a great mod. the uicp doesnt really do much, if you upgrade it, its usually just a looks kind of thing. keep the stock FMIC iit can hold up to about 400-450 whp i believe. so def use that money to buy cams. as for a bov, idk what you plan on doing in the future, but i would say the jdm evo mr is a great bov. its cheap and holds up to about 24-25psi. anything over that i would recommend the forge rs with the knob so you can adjust the stiffness of the spring. i personally use the forge rs bov and its awesome. hope this helps...

and yes either the BR Licp or AMS Licp FTW!!! good luck

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
I'm running a EvoIX BOV which is all metal unlike the evo VIII's. It holds great and I have seen it hold up to 27psi. It's a good choice for someone running 20-25psi.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Definitely on the right track and asking some good questions. My answers will pretty much echo those of evo05:

1) The stock plastic BOV on VIIIs is only efficient up to 13-14psi or so. Yes, you are driving around just fine at 20psi without knowing the difference, but if you pressure test it, you will see the valve open around 13psi. I've done this myself multiple times. The best replacement is the JDM MR DV (or stock IX DV - same thing) if you'll be staying below 25psi. If you are going to go above 25psi, then get the Forge RS.

2) Yes, the BR LICP is a great mod to get, but you don't need the whole IC kit. The stock FMIC is a great match for the stock turbo, and the UICP is more for looks than power.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for the responses, getting the jdm mr bov ordered today and got the nisei lower ic piping, $139, damn good price if you ask me. Can't wait for the rest of my parts to arrive.:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts