Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
I understand what you where saying, I just wanted to make sure you where aware that you will make more power with 100% alky, with the same amount of liability as a 50/50 mix.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I understand what you where saying, I just wanted to make sure you where aware that you will make more power with 100% alky, with the same amount of liability as a 50/50 mix.
Liability or reliable? The only thing I worry about with running 100% meth or alky is that every company I have talked to (Aquamist, SMC, ect) says it is hard on the pump and seals. Thanks for the input though.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thats kinda what I was getting at, its cheaper to build the kit not to withstand pure alcohol, but there are seals and pumps that are made to hold up to alky. There is really no increase in reliability from using 50/50 if the kit is made of anticorrosive seals/pump.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Updated pics

Here are some updated pics of the UICP and FMIC installed. HKS EVC 6 is also in along with the Innovate XD-16 Wideband. I will get pics of those posted tonight.

Attachments

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Meth injection pics.

Got the methanol tanks mouted up all custom with alum support bars and hardware from lowes :). Also pics of the Inovate XD-16 Wideband & HKS EVC 6 EBC. Enjoy !

Attachments

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
What is the capacity of your methanol storage? Is each tank one gallon, 1.5 gallon, or 2 gallon?

Keith

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Yeah, definitely don't fill that whole thing up unless you have to. It takes me a month to go through 1 gallon. 3 gallons would take so long that the meth would go bad (in my car, that is).
I will be running 2 nozzles, a .07 (400cc) and a 1.0mm (520 cc). Justin will be here in Rifle to do all the installs and the road tune, after we get it all fine tuned on the dyno with full tanks of meth I will see how much I am going through and go from there.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Ah. I am going to be buying it by 5 gallons for now instead of having to make room in the garage for a 55gal drum.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Got about 6 boxes today.... Here are some pics. :thumb:

View of the front door and what I came home to today from work.

Everything together

Cosworth IX cams

AMS 3076R Turbo Kit. Garret Based Dual Ball Bearing Turbo

Exedy HD Twin Cerametallic

Header view of the AMS kit

Side view of the turbo.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Reminds me of my old Evo 8.... Ahh the fun that you're going to have is going to keep you up late at night putting needless miles on your car.. But the fun I'm going to have tuning it... We'll thats my little secret.

41 - 60 of 93 Posts