Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question, most of the evo's i see are running MBC. Is there any disadvantage to running an electronic one say a HKS EVC? I'm curious to know this since i'm planning on purchasing a EBC because i can't stand the cold up here and running in and out of my car to adjust the boost. Thanks

·
Registered
108 Posts
i've been very happy w/ the Profec B spec2 in my old car. it was very consistent, spool up was better, and adjusting boost is very easy. the only downside is that it takes an hour or so to get the tuning right.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Quick question, most of the evo's i see are running MBC. Is there any disadvantage to running an electronic one say a HKS EVC? I'm curious to know this since i'm planning on purchasing a EBC because i can't stand the cold up here and running in and out of my car to adjust the boost. Thanks
Um, you can't stand the cold? Haha. You don't have to run in and out of the car to change boost all the time. You get it set, then leave it and only change it for racing situations. That's really no reason to get an EBC.

Both work, but I prefer MBC's since they are way cheaper, work perfectly ALL THE TIME, require no crazy tuning and setup, do not have to be tapped into the electrical system, and will not fail.

EBCs can be good and when used right, can be better than MBC's, but it's not worth the hassle to me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Though it's not really recommended to leave it like this, I've seen people run their MBC in to the interior of the car so they could adjust it there. If you want tune it perfectly without getting in and out all the time, do something such as that, and just put it back in the engine bay when you've got it where you want it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts