Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Been hearing a lot about retuning the ecu after mods, so would like to seek fellow forumers' advice.

from stock:

1. changed to HKS drop in
2. 2 mths later, replaced stock ecu with ralliart ecu, ralliart spark plug cables
3. another 1 mth later, change to Apexi N1 Catback.

Is there a need to retune the car or whatever?

I'm am thinking of changing the downpipe next. What do you guys think of Tomei, with turbo outlet?

·
Registered
32 Posts
euphoria said:
Hi,

Been hearing a lot about retuning the ecu after mods, so would like to seek fellow forumers' advice.

from stock:

1. changed to HKS drop in
2. 2 mths later, replaced stock ecu with ralliart ecu, ralliart spark plug cables
3. another 1 mth later, change to Apexi N1 Catback.

Is there a need to retune the car or whatever?

I'm am thinking of changing the downpipe next. What do you guys think of Tomei, with turbo outlet?

FIrst things first, you need to do a complete turbo back exhaust, the Megan racing downpipe and test pipe are a bargain. Once you have that get yourself a boost guage, boost control, and if you plan on running higher boost than stock I would reccomend a aftermarket fuel pump. As for the retune on your ECU, since you already have an aftermarket ecu I'm not sure that you would get a reflash because you can tune that ecu from a laptop. Maybe some one else who knows a little more about stand alones came help with this part. :confused: I hope that my reply helps you out a little.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Yeah, wow, not sure why you switched to a Ralliart ECU. What was the point of that?

The current mods you have are little-to-nothing and don't require a retune, but I'm not even sure how you would go about retuning the Ralliart ECU in a conventional manner.

No, a downpipe won't require a retune either, but until you DO get tuned, you will not be running optimally or making much power. The Tomei is good, I guess, but that's one hell of an expense to really gain no power. You don't replace exhaust parts with stock ones still in place (i.e. downpipe upgrade with stock cat = 0).

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
What exactly is on that Ralliart ECU (saftey parameters)? How lean are you running now? Do you have any ways of monitoring what's going on with your motor?
Maintenance and monitor before modding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts