Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I am in the process of buying an 03 evo right now. No not the MR...sorry...but I was wondering where you guys suggest to start modifying an evo. I have hear exhaust/downpipe is one of the first things you should do. I was wondering what you guys think. Recommendations for parts would be great, I dont have a ton of moeny to spend but would to get more power out of the stock one.

-jeff l

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Jeff1121 said:
Hey everyone, I am in the process of buying an 03 evo right now. No not the MR...sorry...but I was wondering where you guys suggest to start modifying an evo. I have hear exhaust/downpipe is one of the first things you should do. I was wondering what you guys think. Recommendations for parts would be great, I dont have a ton of moeny to spend but would to get more power out of the stock one.

-jeff l
For the VIII, a good combo of mods is:

- Turboback exhaust
- Manual Boost Controller with boost gauge and pod
- Blow-off Valve
- Fuel Pump
- Flash

Feel free to ask me specific questions via PM.

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
What you heard about the exhaust coming first is true. The most important feature is that it's 3 inch and mandrel bent; the diameter remains consistant throught out the bend and flows well. From there consider material; titanium (super light/$$$), stainless steel (light/$$), or aluminized steel (heavy/$). There are several to consider in our parts catalog;
http://www.evotuners.net/parts/default.php?cPath=2&osCsid=2725f7cf53351e41f7b6a540014db5cc

1 - 3 of 3 Posts