Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I have bought agency power bov, installed it... And I dont like the sound it makes, and now Iam thinking to change it to something that would make nice and loud sounds. Can you help me decide it? Thanks and do I need a Buschur Racing Standard Upper IC Pipe to make bov sound nice?:dsm:

·
Registered
203 Posts
If you reall want an annoying sound after you get off the gas everytime that tells everyone "HEY MY CAR HAS A TURBO" not to mention the po-po then go for it. Better to go with the lower intercooler pipe that will make some power difference, nothing wrong with the stock uicp. Hks sequential is not the best choice, go with the stock IX/JDM MR BOV or the one from forge motorsports.

Jared

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Look, you should not have bought that BOV to begin with, and you should not be looking to purchase another BOV strictly based off the sound. The BOV's purpose is not to make sound. It's purpose is to hold boost efficiently without leaking and without adversely affecting performance.

Do NOT take 05evo's advice, because that BOV cannot be used on the Evo without converting to a speed density system, which requires a standalone ECU. That's not viable, so that BOV is just an expensive hunk of metal.

No, you don't need a Buschur UICP or any UICP. All you need is a FULLY RECIRCULATING DIVERTER VALVE like the JDM MR DV, stock IX DV, or Forge RS DV. Sound is not important, but if you want your car to run right and for some reason like to hear the annoying whoosh all the time, then get one of these DVs along with a Buschur air filter ($80). Just be sure that you GET TUNED when adding the intake. That is crucial unless you don't care about your Evo.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I dont know why I post this text... I know that sound is not importend. So what I did is closed air filter pipe from sucking air from bov, and shorter intercooler bov silicone hose, put bov in there. Then just open 100% to atmosphere...:thumb: And geuse what? I got faster 1/4 run:) The problem is solve

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
Warrtalon said:
Uh, no. If you went 100% VTA, then you're screwing up your Evo. That was the absolute wrong thing to do. What a shame...:poorme:
If that's what he wants and it works for him; let him rock it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have no clue how you could have possibly gotten a better 1/4 mile time. Maybe your driving drastically improved? It has been discussed over and over again, a VTA bov is horrible for your car!

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
If your looking for just noise, get a metal intake pipe, an open filter, and a recirculating valve.
If your looking to VTA the right way go with a MAFT/blow though set up.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
turbolarry said:
If your looking for just noise, get a metal intake pipe, an open filter, and a recirculating valve.
If your looking to VTA the right way go with a MAFT/blow though set up.
Thanks, You guys pro...
So rigth now would be the best for me is get flash!
Can you help me step by step how to get it? thanks

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Engine:
Apexi Air Intake
Apexi 3" full exaust with cat
Agency power BOV