Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just hope i can come up with the cash to get tires on my baby :( she's been down for 3 months now. i'd love to make it out to a meet

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have some stock Advans with about 3800 miles on them that I will sell you pretty cheap... pm me if interested.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
If you have to buy new, get the Falken RT-615 in 255/40-17 for the best handling summer tire replacement for the Evo at half the price, but that would require all-seasons or snow tires for the Winter. I have separate rims and tires for the seasons, so if you can't afford that, you'll need a good all-season tire for all weather conditions.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey Warrtalon, I was down at Rex talking to Brian, the owner, and the 615's were one of the tires that he pointed out to us. Are those tires at all driveable on wet roads, or would I want to have that second set of all-seasons ready to throw on if we got a few days of continous rain before winter?

By the way, my stock advans are wearing extremely poorly because of a factory/dealer screw-up in the alignment on my car. Mitsu probably won't cover the tires, though they'll happily re-align the car, so I'm about to have to come out of pocket for new tires. The tires only have 5k miles, and the inside row of tread on the front tires is almost completely gone. This really sucks...

K

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Kdogg, I really like Rex Tire - they are only a few blocks from where I work downtown. I've used them for several alignments and some wheel stud/tire mounting things, too.

As for drivability on wet, think of your Advans as a comparison. Extreme traction for dry and terrible for snow/ice/sub-zero, but manageable for wet. The Falkens are the same as all of the above with slightly less extremes while lasting a little bit longer. In wet, neither the Advans nor the Falkens have ever given me any problems. It's only in the ice/snow that they are USELESS...completely useless.

The tire-wearing-from-factory-alignment-issues is somewhat common...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks! I find out if Mitsu is going to cover my tires on Tuesday...if not, then I'll be going back to see Brian. Will the 255/40-17 tires fit on my stock BBS wheels? I know the stock tires are 235's, so I wasn't sure how far up we could go...

K

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey, I thought you were supposed to be in LaJunta this weekend...

Have you heard anything the Nitto Invo tires? They seem to have a great mix of dry/wet performance...just not sure how they're stacking up against the other makes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello.

I think this may be a related question... Is the rim width on the stock Einke wheels the same as the width on the stock BBS MR wheels? In other words, will the 255/40/17 615's work on the Einke wheels as well? I believe the stock Einke wheels are an 8" width. Are the BBS MR wheels 8" as well?

Thanks in advance for the clarification, as I am looking for new tires this spring as well and there seems to be an endless morass of options to wade through :)

Tom

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hello.

I think this may be a related question... Is the rim width on the stock Einke wheels the same as the width on the stock BBS MR wheels? In other words, will the 255/40/17 615's work on the Einke wheels as well? I believe the stock Einke wheels are an 8" width. Are the BBS MR wheels 8" as well?

Thanks in advance for the clarification, as I am looking for new tires this spring as well and there seems to be an endless morass of options to wade through :)

Tom
yep..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts